Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Here-Kitty-Kitty

Ticks?

13 posts in this topic

anyone notice that they seem to be out in full force?

More so then later years. They normally hate me and wont come close, but this year they are loving me. None stuck in, but climbing on my legs.

Yup there out alright but they aren't any worse than any other year.

I would say it's worst this year. I've seen ticks in wooded areas i haven't seen all my life there. Just read an articitle yesterday stating tick population has increase and moved further across MN.

Is there a spray you can use to rid your property of ticks? It seems to me I once read an article that there was something you could use. But I am not for sure, it might have just been a pipe dream after picking 2 dozen ticks off the dog one night. Frontline wasn't working for me, I switched to k-9 advantix, not much better for ticks, but it sure keeps the mosquito's off.

I think the cheap stuff they sell at wal-mart works just as good as frontline... IMO...

I agree Creek Boy, i only use the cheap stuff now and see no diff.

I found one on me the other day. I have no idea where I got it cause I haven't been close to any woods or anything remotely close to that for a while.

After looking for some shrooms one day I found 14 wood and 4 deer ticks on me, they are a lot worse this year.

Thats just a nasty feeling finding that many on ya. You sure you got them all, and I bet you still have the creepy crawly feeling of them on you.

I hate ticks. I will avoid the deep woods/grass until Late summer. There seems to be less then. My dad almost died last year from a woodtick bite. He got a disease called Urlickia (sp). It is similar to lyme disease. We thought he had a stroke until mom remembered the woodtick bite from a month previous. Scary stuff.......

I am using Sergeant's gold right now seems to do the best job of all that I have tried over the years... I tried the collar I think it was a hertz, that was useless, I found ticks on his neck right where the collar was.. Now if they invented something to keep my dog away from skunks I'd be real happy LOL... Besides a fence or kennel

I haven't put any Frontline on either of my dogs and they haven't had one tick yet this year. We have a small woods and tall grass in the back yard. Can't figure this out. Not one tick.

In the times I've been out turkey hunting this year, I've only had 2. But I usually spray my pant legs to the point of being soaked with tick repellent.

when i lived in MN.. i was helping my ex-wifes cousin

put a mattress in my ex-mother-inlaws van i had ticks on me

not to many so i picked them off none got imbedded i was like oh great