• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ticks?

Here-Kitty-Kitty

Is there a spray you can use to rid your property of ticks? It seems to me I once read an article that there was something you could use. But I am not for sure, it might have just been a pipe dream after picking 2 dozen ticks off the dog one night. Frontline wasn't working for me, I switched to k-9 advantix, not much better for ticks, but it sure keeps the mosquito's off.

I think the cheap stuff they sell at wal-mart works just as good as frontline... IMO...

I hate ticks. I will avoid the deep woods/grass until Late summer. There seems to be less then. My dad almost died last year from a woodtick bite. He got a disease called Urlickia (sp). It is similar to lyme disease. We thought he had a stroke until mom remembered the woodtick bite from a month previous. Scary stuff.......

I am using Sergeant's gold right now seems to do the best job of all that I have tried over the years... I tried the collar I think it was a hertz, that was useless, I found ticks on his neck right where the collar was.. Now if they invented something to keep my dog away from skunks I'd be real happy LOL... Besides a fence or kennel

I haven't put any Frontline on either of my dogs and they haven't had one tick yet this year. We have a small woods and tall grass in the back yard. Can't figure this out. Not one tick.

In the times I've been out turkey hunting this year, I've only had 2. But I usually spray my pant legs to the point of being soaked with tick repellent.