Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Sandmannd

Transducer Mounting

When I got my boat, the ducer was mounted on the back of the boat. It was just screwed right into transom. It's pretty loose though and flops around causing me to loose bottom, especially at hight speeds. What's the best way to fix this? I was thinking of mounting a board on the transom and then screwing the ducer to that. What type of board is the best to use for this?

I would pull the transducer off the back of your boat, get stainless steel screws that will stay tight in the back, put some silicone on the hole (and make sure that gets on the head of the screw), and tighten the screw up against the hull.

Then, install a plastic transducer board. Yes, two more holes in your boat, but if you ever change transducers or have issues you're not adding more.

If you end up needing to put the board where the old screws are, drill shallow holes in the areas that interfere with the screws you just plugged so the board can sit flush. You can mark the area by holding the board where you want it, and take a dead blow hammer and tap / hit the board rougly where the screws are... pull the board off and you'll see the indentation for the screw heads.

marine_man

Most skimmer transducer can be tightened from flopping up by tightening the screw that holds the transducer to the transducer bracket. Loose is good because they'll kick up if you hit something, possibly saving you from having to replace the transducer - loose is bad because driving fast will kick them up and you'll lose your reading. You need to find the right balance. I have mine pretty tight so it stays when I'm running WOT.

If the bracket is loose on the transom you need bigger screws (holes stripped?) and some silicone to hold them in place and stop water from getting in.

You can find them at the Worlds Outfitter, not sure if Gander has them.

Also, there are waterproof poprivots that work great. I get them at Nelsons Marine for like $.10 each or something. A few sizes available. I still silicone them, just to be safe smile

But we also have SS screws in some holes of some of our duck boats, and they work fine too, just not as purty wink

Actually, we just used silicone all by itself on about 8 holes, and they held up just fine, not screws or rivots, for about 6 years... until we put the waterproof pops in...