Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

797 SI Settings

3 posts in this topic

I just put the 797 on the boat and have had it on the water a couple times. Dredding going to through the owners manual, owell. Does anyone have any advice on settings before I dive into it. Thanks

Factory defaults are very good, till you get to learn the unit better. Ive had mine 18 months, and still mess with some settings.

Factory default

2dsonar 83/200 khz

side scan range, 100 feet or less, depending on what you are looking for. larger targets can use larger range, smaller targets require smaller range.

This will get you so you can use the unit. anything else is simply a matter of personal preference. Be sure to set up your 3 shortcut buttons for the selected views.

Other than side imaging, shaded depth is the 2nd most important item Ive found to be useful.

The manual is somewhat daunting, but keep in mind, that it is printed in 3 languages, so theres really only a third of the book that is important.

Now is not the time to really get to know your unit, if you intend on fishing intesively. Turn it on, change the few select settings I indicated and go have fun.

I would second that setting the SI to 100 feet or less will definitely help. I use 100 feet almost all the time. The colored depth is nice too. Also depending on how hard/soft bottom is from lake to lake you may need to turn the SI gain up from 10 to as high as 20 to see good detail in softer bottoms. Have fun. You will love it. It just may take a while to get good at reading/understanding what you are seeing but that is half the fun.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I got my son a boat for duck hunting. It is old it is dirty. It is not painted it is black from dirt and green from moss. We pressure washed it and used laundry detergent and bleach with a brush but it did not come clean enough.  He is going to camo it so I think we need to get the black off. I was going to try some  muriatic acid to see if that helps Does anybody got any advice for us?  
    • Keep your head up Bryce. A positive attitude pays big dive dens when it comes to healing. We will all be pulling for you.  ------------------------------ Little falls had no shortage of adventure. That area never disappoints from that perspective. Short on birds there too. No new birds in the area. Most locals are gone or decoy/Hunter wise. Lots of season left to go, just need the weather and migration to play along.  Have gun, decoys, and kayak, will travel.    You did remember to send out the meeting notice right??? 
    • Going to be an interesting year. We have speed but no skill and no size. Our goaltending is shaky at best imo. I don't think Boudreau's system was the right answer and I also think they'll miss the playoffs. The last 2 nights haven't helped my outlook either.. We still can't seem to win on the road.    Oh and Aundra Martin is no Jamie Hersh. 
    • The cause of the wreck, The Donald was behind the wheel with his mouth doing the driving. Just like Michelle Bachman ya'll remember her  
    • Huh?  Some confirmation I missed?
    • The Trump train seems to be going off the rails. 
    • Good luck Bryce hope everything goes okay. Always enjoy the pictures.
    • Vanek was the most skilled player on the team last year by miles, he just plays a different style of hockey than the rest of the team and it wasn't a good fit, he can still put up a ton of points on the right line. If you could put a Parise like effort into vaneks skills you would have one of the top players in the world.

I like what I am seeing from Stall so far too, he really helps our depth down the middle and hopefully he can score a decent clip.
  • Our Sponsors