• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pesky Roughfish

DTro

yeah, it was a bit lackluster, but come fall when I'm looking for her again I might be doing cartwheels over it, since it would probably be 11 pounds or so. As it was that fish was probably only 8lbs@29"

I thought I had a post in here I sent from my phone yesterday confused

Well anyways killer eye Dtro smile. Nothing like reeling in a nice eye and being bumed it is not a flat grin

Both cell phones were on the charger....Ya just have to take my word for it. My son-in-law and I were both bummed because we couldn't take a picture of it. We have caught several that size in the same spot. But don't go rushing there to try for them. laugh

Nice 'eyes guys.

Yeah, the problem with catching them while targeting flatties is mostly the gear isn't matched to the fish. When you are geared up for 40-50 lb flatheads in current, with heavy action rods, reels, line, weights, etc, the walleye can't really put up a fight. If that same fish is caught with a medium light action jigging rod and 6 lb test, it's a different story.

BIG Walleye is a BIG Walleye, I don't care what you catch it with.

During the FLW Red Wing Tourny, I reeled in a 28"+ 8lb+ Eye on a 14' rod, Tekota, and leadcore and I was shaking in my boots all the way until that fish hit the livewell. Was it much of a fight?? Hardly... But from the minute it hit the crank, we knew it was a BIG fish, that fueled the fire.

If ya'll are despising the BIG Eyes so much, why are you taking photos of them? wink

Riverrat56 and I went out in search for some flathead action and we didn't do well.

But, those pesky botoom feeders did come to play. We also hooked up with sauger.

Here is the nicest of the evening for Nick. It took a 5" bully and totally inhaled it.

Nickswalleye001.jpg

Originally Posted By: hanson
BIG Walleye is a BIG Walleye, I don't care what you catch it with.

DITO big fish is a big fish thats whats so fun about river fishing you just never know whats next.

Pretty hard to agrue with any of these points wink. I guess one way to look at is if you flip the scenario on its head. Take hardcore walleye dude jiggn the river and he lays into a big flat; hes happy about the catch, but that isnt what stirs his drink that day. I would venture the scenario of walleye dude/flattie is more enjoyable than for flatman/walleye considering the gear used.