• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Season Opener- Where will you be???

This year will mark the 2nd year in a row I've missed the MN Muskie season opener... last year was cuz of the laceration on my palm, as few of you remember...

I'll be flying to Denver to meet my son whos flying in from Austin... We'll be back home approx 5:30pm same day... Hes with me for the whole summer...

I'll probably do some reading and day-dreaming about casting DCGs and Super-D's while in the air... and would like to wish you all best of luck!!! I'll be green w/ envy knowing that all of you are out there fishing for them...

Once back home, its working overtime on the boat...

Since I don't have a boat ( she got it in the settlement ) I will be on Leech Lake with a friend tossing all the new lures from the Expo, Reeds, Thorne Bros, and e auctions.

Last year on Leech, I c & r two opening day fish - 42 1/2 and 44. Saw a few others. This was the best opener for me and the last for my boat. (Never fear - I hope to have another boat soon)

I won't be going anywhere this year, I guess I'll just have to be happy fishing Vermilion for the Muskie opener, again this year. smile

Great thing about that is it's seldome very crowed up here in June for Muskies. All the "so called experts" think it's way to early in the season to fish this far north.

I will most likey have all my best spots, all to myself, for a few weeks anyway. I'll be pounding the shallows to a froth an working the edges of some of the deeper drops close to the spawning areas.

Counting the days!!

"Ace"

Once again, Uncle Sam has me playing soldier on the opening weekend of muskies. Seems to happen every year, so I won't be going out this coming weekend, but am taking Monday off and will be pounding the water for the entire day while most are working and leaving the water for me!!! grin

I won't be going anywhere this year, I guess I'll just have to be happy fishing Vermilion for the Muskie opener, again this year. smile

Great thing about that is it's seldome very crowed up here in June for Muskies. All the "so called experts" think it's way to early in the season to fish this far north.

I will most likey have all my best spots, all to myself, for a few weeks anyway. I'll be pounding the shallows to a froth an working the edges of some of the deeper drops close to the spawning areas.

Counting the days!!

"Ace"

Must be rough Ace, having to fish a questionable water like Vermilion. LOL I'll be on French if I can get my boat in the water or it'll be a metro lake.

Hey Dan,

You are welcome to come up and see me on the "Big V" any time.

I know it's a long way from your home waters, but it's well worth the trip. Just bring the subways and we'll make a day of it. I love the toasted Italian salami.

Good Luck this weekend. smile

"Ace"

Ace I should of looked you up last weekend I was in Cook. I'll have to take you up on that some time, might even have to drag muskiefool with and get him off of that waste land for muskies they call Leech laugh