• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Got a doozy for you guys......very tasty.

My family LOVES this stuff - note the CHEAP ingredients

1-2 lb. Ground Beef (we use sirloin)

taco seasoning mix

2 cans Bush's hot chili beans (they are not hot)

ranch dressing

tomatoes

lettuce (we use romaine)

shredded cheese

Nacho Cheese Doritos

Cook the taco meat

Drain the beans (don't wash them though)

In a BIG bowl mix: meat, beans, lettuce, tomatoes, ranch dressing (how much is up to you)

Crunch up the Doritos into pieces about 1/2 as big as they are in the bag

Doritos in a bowl

Spoon the mix on top

Cheese next

Mix and enjoy

Picture42008.jpg

Picture42009.jpg

Picture42010.jpg

Let me know what ya think when you try it! grin

Doop,

We do something very similar except we don't use taco seasoning on the meat and western dressing rather than ranch. We call it sweet taco salad. Last time we made it we added diced up avacado as well. Yum!

Pretty similar version with a couple of exceptions:

-meat always with taco seasoning

-Western or Catalina dressing (try both and decide which you prefer---we have an argument at our house but both are good)

-Taco flavored Dorito's

-usually do some form of beans (wife doesn't care for kidney beans so it depends on who is eating)

-wife wants black olives

-usually buy pre-cut lettuce for simplicity

-anything else you like on your tacos add it (I've got to add the the avocado next time as suggested!)

Made the mistake of bringing this to work one time on a treat day now I get bugged every time it is my turn for treats that it needs to be made for the group.

The group doesn't realize that my hamburger is heavy ground venison with some ground beef so I've got folks eating venison that don't have a clue.

I like the original recipe, I'll have to try that.

Try plopping all that stuff on a pizza! Thats one of my favorite homemade pizzas, minus the doritos and add a few jalopenos also. cool

I make a mean taco pizza that my family loves.

Make or buy your crust. Top with Refride beans, chopped onion and cheese and pop it in a 425 degree oven for 10-13 minutes.

While pizza is in the oven, chop up lettuce and break up Dorito Taco chips. (additional items you can chip to put on would be olives, tomatoes, onions, green peppers, you get the idea).

Take pizza out of oven, top with lettuce, your choice of other toppings, cheese and taco chips. Searve with salsa to put on top.