• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bow mount trolling motor hard to deploy

fishhuntwork

Question

12 answers to this question

Minnkota with composite shaft?? Mine is a Powerdrive. I just use a little WD-40 and it seems fine. I can't seem to remember, but there numerous things others tried that also helped.

Armor All works for me as well. Spray a little on the motor cradle to help it slide out easier. I put some on the shaft also which lets the collar slide up and down freely.

i believe if it a terrova there is an adjustment on it call reeds they'll tell you

i had one on my old boat was tuff to deploy and somebody told there was an adjustment

the one on my new boat will deploy it self at 35mph on 2fters lol

so i bunge it now

i'd rather have easy than hard

i'm olddddddddddd lol

That happened to me. Just got the new prop from reeds yesterday. You have to really slam the terrova up tp make sure it locks in. I had brought it up and it clicked. Just not as much click as slamming it up there.

If yours is a terrova, is it sliding hard or are you having trouble releasing the lever? It took me a couple of times to discover you have to push the lever in first then down.

If it is a minn kota terrova you have to turn the motor unit so the prop is facing the other direction when stowing or deploying is very hard.

When you say the other direction, do you mean prop would be on the outside of the boat or inside?