• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Soft Jerk Baits

HarmonH

I've just been starting to hear the news about these soft jerk baits. I haven't ever used them before but i would like to start. I was wondering if anybody has any tips or suggestions? Any and all help is appreciated!

I've had pretty good success with the Zoom Fluke. I can't seem to find it anywhere this season, but last year I had a bag of the Jr. Fluke (or some similar name) that is just a small small version of the fluke. That thing produced some good numbers last year, but smaller fish.

To catch a smallmouth, walk down to the Mississippi river--it hardly matters where--close your eyes, throw the lure as far as you can, and then twitch it back. Of course, some places are better than others, but the general idea holds.

I like the Gander Mtn 5inch "soft jerk baits" teamed up with a 4/0 worm hook. Tex posed. Thats it.

Drop it into the water at the side of the boat and just twitch your rod tip to see how it works.

Love them Flukes!

I prefer the Lake Fork Tackle Magic Shad to the Zoom Fluke but the idea is the same. I seem to get the best action with braid and control the fall with hook size - almost always use at least 4/0 but if I want quicker fall will go with 5/0 superline EWG. Hooksets can be tough with the thicker hooks though. One of my favorites is dragginb it over pads and letting it fall into pockets.

I too use the lake fork magic shad in pearl color. I've found that they are very effective but sometimes only last for a couple fish as the material rips a bit too easily. They do work though. They also work as a soft swim bait when weighted properly.

I like the statement "I like such and such color". Because I like the color the Bass are hitting on and I don't care what color that is. Some days one color works some days another color works. Adapt to the fish, they won't adapt to you!