Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
broken_line

help!! with trailer bearings

9 posts in this topic

both bearings growl and are leaking water any easy way to fix?? i had to pick 3 hours of rocks to get those mad

both bearings growl and are leaking water any easy way to fix?? i had to pick 3 hours of rocks to get those mad

Are they packed with grease?

You probably need new bearings.

Go to the Equiptment-Expert Information forum. There is a permanent post there that explains the process.

they have less than 5miles on them all those less than 10 mph.. thats what i dont get.. i took them off and were rusty as a 10 year old ford.. they were packed and had bearing budddys on them..

they didnt fit on the axles very tightly when i took them off the axel is a wierd type of 3/4" im not sure if i can get the right ones. if they dont have a tight fit would it be ok to drive 300 miles with them, but not back the trailer in the water?

Don't do it unless you like to be the guy on the side of the road...sitting next to a dollied off trailer. For about two hundred bucks or so you can buy a brand new axle with the correct hubs and bearings to fit your tires. Trust me, when you are sitting on that lonely stretch of highway next to that trailer waiting for your fishing partner to go to the nearest town on a sunday afternoon to try and find parts for your oddball trailer, you will wish that you would have fixed right instead of boogering it. (but that is just my opinion)

ODL