• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Bears galore

I posted on another thread about our visit last weekend to Holinshead Lake north of Thunder Bay. Wanted to let you bear hunters know about this place. The fishing was pretty darn good, but what impressed me was all the bears we saw, even during the middle of the day, all within several miles of camp. It hasn't been hunted in over 10 years, but the new owner is planning to run bear hunts and moose hunts, though his moose tags are spoken for for this fall. Great location - fish in the morning hunt bears in the evening. Doesn't get much better.

I was North of Thunderbay all last week on Lake nipigon. Had numerous bear encounters. 3 different times had a couple bears in camp. Driving around on logging roads looking for small trout streams, there would be proof about every 30 to 50 feet that bears don't cr@p in the woods. Got some great pics, one video of a roadkill moose gettin' chowed on 10yds off the road. If your thinking about bears in Canada, this is the area. Lots of guides and outfitters boast 90-100% success rates. If you would like some more info about the area, feel free to shoot me an email! jasonyoungquist @ yahoo It was an awesome trip in an awesome place. Every person I met were very friendly, humble, and happy go lucky type of attitude. seems alot like paradise!

Oh yes, lots of brookies... 3"- 14" in streams and 12" to 24" in the lake. All brookies. No lakers, some nice northern, and a few tullibee/ whitefish. Great trip to a great place! Hope to be back sooner than later. You can sit over baits tree them w/ hounds, cruise some logging roads looking for a bruiser.