• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trolling for 2 nights

Been trolling for 2 nights, well afternoons actually, running inline boards, bottom bouncers, top baits, you name it, Just can't find the eye's. Nailed one 22 incher off the bat, no more for 2 afternoons. tried slip bobbers, and plain old jigs, what gives where are the eye's????

I've trolled a lot this year but haven't used boards yet, all my trolling has been contour or structure trolling and boards don't help with that. You can use boards, but flatlines are just as good or better for that imo.

I've also caught fish on jigs and plastics, at times have had good action doing that, but so far the trolling bite has been better for me.

try casting a jig and minnow to shore in the rocks were the water is dirty if that dont work try number 5 shad raps than try the x-rap. Let me know what you find. around here all the fish are still 2 to 3 foot of water even thou the water temp is 60 to 65 has to be in the rocks or small fish in the sand thou

Recently, been crankin em up on the first break at dark, few weeks ago they seemed more up on the shallow flat, going tonight for a Smithwick rattlin rogue run. I like to run the break once, as it gets darker up on top and zig zag from the break to the shallows back to the break back to the shallows until it hopefully happens.