Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mistermojo

What kind of motor does my auger have?

5 posts in this topic

OK guys, need some help here. I picked up an auger in a trade for some golf clubs, and need to find out what it is. There are no distinguishing marks on the motor to tell me the model, HP, etc. The head was re-powder coated, presumably to cover some rust.

Here's what I do know:

* Jiffy (presumably model 30)

* Tecumseh Motor has a serial number of 670-104B 5315 (I tried using Tecumseh's HSOforum to look it up but no luck

* It's definitely old school, everything is metal, no plastic.

It runs OK, but would like to find a manual for the motor in case I need to do some work on the carb, etc. I know nothing about small engines, so it's hard for me to "just wing it."

So, I need help with Motor model and HP.

Thanks a bunch!

IMG_2415.jpg

IMG_2416.jpg

IMG_2417.jpg

IMG_2418.jpg

Tecumseh, I have the same model with decals though and I would swear I was looking at mine.

Mine would be the 3 horse. Even after looking at the photos for a 2nd time, its my augers twin brother.

Cool, thanks for the info. Would you mind taking a couple pics, especially of the label with the model #?

Sorry about not getting them pic up yet. I haven't had the time. I will do so when possible.