• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

mower blade question

LovenLifeGuy

I just purchased a new blade for my mower since I have not replaced the original one that came with it that is now two years old. How sharp should it be? I didnt think that it was very sharp at all right out of the new package. should it be sharp to the touch? My old blade felt sharper but im not sure if that was due to all the nicks in the blade.

Thanks in advance.

BIll

The new blade that I picked up a couple of years ago was in the same not real sharp condition as yours. It performs fine though. I'm guessing that most blades may be like this new for no other reason than the thicker blade edge might not dull as quick as a thinner blade edge? If that makes sense?

Watch the angle and keep the divets out of the edge. The blade will not be sharp to the touch but this will keep it from "chunking" on the unforseen. I try to keep the edge even and don't get so concerned about the feel.