• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

lowrance gps networking

Muskiebait

Question

Alright here is what I have, I put a new hd on my dash hooked up great with all the old cables, moved the old 520c up front, hooked up nicely with the old x52 cables, only problem is there is no cable from the gps puck to the front, I see a blue end cable that is up run from all the t's under the dash, I think it is all netorked, I think all I have to do is find the cables that go from blue to red is that correct or do I have to do another T in the bow from the cable that is run up there. ANY HELP??? I know it is complex but following the cable back from the bow it networks into the T's under the dash and off shoots from the ones that are hooked into the dash graph... Thanks..

8 answers to this question

You can get a blue to red adapter cable. Verify the male/female connectors you need because they offer different gender adapter cables for whatever your situation is. It sounds like you'll need a blue T for the bow as well if the connector at the bow is blue. Then plug the blue to red adapter cable into the T and the 520 and you should be set.

The first thing you need to make sure is that your network is powered. Your 520 unit can power the network but your HDS unit cannot power the network. You may have a power issue to resolve since you put the HDS on the existing 520 power cable.

The two ways around this are to use a power node that goes to a T-connector --- you may already have this in your network but most people with 520s do not have it --- or to power the network from your 520 at its new location.

If the network is setup correctly and powered correctly then it's a simple matter to plug the units into the network, even if you need to use red-to-blue or blue-to-red adapters.

The first thing you need to make sure is that your network is powered. Your 520 unit can power the network but your HDS unit cannot power the network. You may have a power issue to resolve since you put the HDS on the existing 520 power cable.

The two ways around this are to use a power node that goes to a T-connector --- you may already have this in your network but most people with 520s do not have it --- or to power the network from your 520 at its new location.

If the network is setup correctly and powered correctly then it's a simple matter to plug the units into the network, even if you need to use red-to-blue or blue-to-red adapters.

If he uses the 520 to power the network from its new location, it will have to be powered up at all times to provide power, correct?

Alright so he is the dilemia in a nut shell, hooked up the hds 7 in dash where the old 520c was, all was fine excpet my temp doesn't read now, i think it is because I didn't hook one cable up, the maroon one to the nmea 2k network, the two blue ones work just fine, I thought the maroon was for the gps, but it must have been a combo of things, the 520c now in the front does great for depth, but I don't have the gps which I believe is the maroon cable, I hooked the 520 c to the existing connectors from the x52, that is all on a separate power source, so what is the easiest way to get the GPS hooked up in the front I think I need the maroon connector run off the main system which is also run up to the front, but doesnt have a t connector or anything, it is just up there open... what is a guy to do....