• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Algoma or Kewaunee salmon charter suggestions

I have heard reports of a few kings already being caught from Port Washington and Algoma. As far as charters go there are a few in each port and they all do a pretty good job. I think there may be a charter service that is a sponsor on this forum so check them out. Algoma, Kewaunee and Port Washington all have pretty good success rates. As far as the time of year I'd try to book 2nd week in July through the first couple weeks of August if its kings yur after.

Tunrevir~

As stated in the above response there are plenty of charters in both Kewaunee and Algoma and they all do a pretty nice job. I'm one of them but you should visit their web sites and call them to make your own decision. [Note from admin: edited.]

As far as a good time to come I would say from now through early Sept. The fish just started biting a few days ago, see my earliet post. It's still a little cool over here but not bad so bring your sweatshirt.

I'm a little partial to Algoma because I fish there but both towns are nice and we are basically fishing the same pods of fish. Our lodging is on the Ahnapee river, 100ft from the boats and a half of a block to the first restaraunt. Hope this helps.

The Fishin' Magicians

FM, thanks for the reports and keep them coming. I may have to sneak out a bit earlier this year if the kings are already showing up. Just out of curiosity, would you happen to know Barron Hoff? He used to slip in Algoma for many years his boat is the hobby shop. He has it drydocked in Keewaunee again this year.

Tunrevir~

Fishin' Magician,

I have been coming to Algoma for about 15 years. I always liked the name of your charter and when this site first started I used your boat name as my handle. Sorry about that but no one had taken it yet. I have enjoyed the fishery in Algoma and hope it continues to produce. We have a trip already planned this summer and cannot wait to hear the real sing.

Yep, that is the Barron I was talking about. Still a nice rig and well taken care of. If you would be looking for another boat for your charters I could hook you up for info. Otherwise like I said, Thanks for the reports and keep them coming. Now I have the itch to get out and go after some of those kings. I'll try and look you up next time I get in town if your in port and introduce myself. Untill then, tightlines!

Tunrevir~