Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Burnham

Audacity of some people

38 posts in this topic

so when im going out to my car to leave school today someone is backing out of there parking space and throws a can out the window, right in front of me!! he was starting to drive by me when i turned to him (his windows down) and pointed to the can with a disgusted look and yelled at him...i really wanted to go in front of his car and give him a real piece of my mind, but well the class is at a college and it was 2 adults, and i was with 2 buddies, of which are also in high school. so i figured that it was best not to do as they were much bigger than us. anways i cannot believe the selfishness of people, and it really made me more mad because once every week my class goes out to pick up garbage on campus(the class is fish&wildlife management)...anways as he was driving by i proceeded to throw the can away for him.

i see this car every day as it parks in the same area, i could very easily obtain the plates info. is there any way i could turn the guy in? if it is possible it would be nice if he had to pay a fine, even a small one

As with everything in life, the ones that care tend to pull the weight of those that don't care. Just imagine the mess if people like you didn't care. Nice job!

I pick up somebody's lunch trash almost everyday. It is always the same person and is always in the same location. I just pick it up. It is what it is, some care, some don't.

It frosts my butt to see all the garbage people leave behind. Some how I think they know someone will come behind them and clean up after them. Born in the basement and never brought up!!

Yea, some folks just don't care at all. I don't know what you could do other than pick it up. You can't change pigs from being pigs.

Take a look on the ground around the on/off ramps on freeways and other areas where you stop your car--all the cig butts drive me crazy!!!! Few guilty parties on here I'll bet!! Even the smokers don't want the stinky butts smelling up their cars. Don't people know it's liter? Wish the law would ticket them.

yea its just ridiculous, i swear the guy didnt even hesitate, he just plain out threw it out the window. yes im sure there are some guilty people on here, but also a lot of people that have done more good than I. i have never been involved in a huge clean up effort, and from what ive heard there are some big ones typically after ice out as a result of this forum

The cigarette butt thing drives me crazy. Smokers, as a group, have no respect for the environment pure and simple. Now I am sure someone is gonna jump on and say they never do it, but the fact is as a group, they don't.

Whatever man, you drive your car everyday don't you? Must mean you have no respect for the environment either with all the pollutants coming out of your exhaust pipe. I don't smoke, but you can't single out people like that, everyone pollutes. Do your best to clean some litter up every chance you get and shut the trap, no need to be thinking you're better than a whole group of people.

i woulda grabbed it and threw it back in his open window, hopefully spilling any fluid that might have been leftover onto him.

i woulda grabbed it and threw it back in his open window, hopefully spilling any fluid that might have been leftover onto him.

Why would you wanna start a confrontation. Just pick it up and move on. You aren't going to change them and, in this day and age, you really wanna start something over a can? You never know what people have on them these days.

Soooo, If you see this car everyday....

Tie a bunch of cans to a string (like weddings), tie to bumper and put cans under car. Should give him a nice reminder.

whistle

It is perfectly LEGAL for me to drive my car. Is ILLEGAL to litter. I cannot believe someone has the audacity to stick up for a bunch of ILLEGAL POLLUTERS. Nice set of values/morals you have there, I hope you are not passing that on to any children.

Save the can and give it back to him the next time you see him.

Maybe just leave it on his car with a note saying, "You must have accidentally dropped this can the other day because I know a thoughtful person like yourself wouldn't intentionally toss your garbage on the ground like a slob."

Maybe he'll get the point, and then again maybe not.

Good job Burnham! Consider this an electronic "pat on the back"!

By picking up the can you made the world a better place and your a better person for it. Keep it up!

The litterer will get what is due to him in time. What goes around, comes around. I believe we will all answer for our deeds one day.

Have a great weekend!

PS: I have to admit though, the little devil that sits on my shoulder and whispers in my ear wants me to "zip-tie" his drive shaft! he he.

i woulndt do anything expept put the cans he throws in a 5 gal bucket and makin some $$ of them.. maby a can full of liquid pig terd hidden some where with a note would teach a lesson..

It is perfectly LEGAL for me to drive my car. Is ILLEGAL to litter. I cannot believe someone has the audacity to stick up for a bunch of ILLEGAL POLLUTERS. Nice set of values/morals you have there, I hope you are not passing that on to any children.

Whoa CD, take it easy!

#1 PF was in no way sticking up for the guy,

and

#2 he was just kidding! You may be surpised to learn that some people like to take out their frustrations against the a-holes of our society within the confines of their imagination, and then share it with like-minded people. It helps them to keep their cool the next time they're on the freeway and some moron in front of them flicks a butt out the window.

Personally I would have suggested the old "Banana in the tailpipe" trick! wink

i saw someone in the cities toss a full bag of trash from Mickey D's out the window the other day. Man that ticks me off. I just cannot believe how many people throw junk out their car windows. Lets care a LITLE bit about the environment, and even if you dont maybe you could care a bit about how much trash is rolling around in the streets, for asthetic purposes at the very least

I think those of us who fish on the rivers see even more of it because that is where all the storm drains empty out to.

It's amazing that this is all the further we've gotten after 30+ years of public service announcements and ad campaigns. People soiling their environment with no more common sense than a sucker minnow.

My post wasn't aimed at PF, it was aimed at the previous poster (Beezehound) and he wasnt kidding. I got no gripe a'tall with PF, he is a good guy and his post was not offensive in the least. Beezehound's post was IMO, way off base.

Ugh,

I'm so sorry, I saw the the "re:" in your post and totally missed that clown above PF!

I am going to quietly slink off now and stick my head back up my butt. whistle

In BeezeHound's defense, I don't think he was comparing driving a car to littering. He was trying to say that CodyDawg was stereotyping smokers by saying "Smoker's as a group have no respect for the environment". If that was his intention, I do agree with him, but if it wasn't I agree with CodyDawg in that it's a mighty big leap from car exhaust to hamburger wrappers and pop cans. Just my $.02.

The point Breezehound was making was not to put all smokers in one group and call them all litterers.