• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lowrance 520c Problems

fishhuntwork

Question

I've had my Lowrance 520c for 2 years, this is my second year using it. This year I've had more problems with it losing depth, or saying I'm in 1.7 ft of water. It seems to come back when you start to increase speed but then it loses the depth again. I've tried the new beta update with no luck. Any ideas of what it could be or what should be tried next.

15 answers to this question

I've had my Lowrance 520c for 2 years, this is my second year using it. This year I've had more problems with it losing depth, or saying I'm in 1.7 ft of water. It seems to come back when you start to increase speed but then it loses the depth again. I've tried the new beta update with no luck. Any ideas of what it could be or what should be tried next.

I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried everything - I thought it might be a dirty transducer but it still does it. I guess it is time for a trip to Fish Electronics.

Mine is on the dash and it reads the 1.6 or 8.8ft. Its the unit.

Many people are having issues with these units. I tried to call Lowrance for 2 days but could not get through. I also e-mailed them 4 days ago with no response.

With the issues I had with the H20 power cord and now this with no CS, this will be my last unit from Lowrance.

I got through to lowrance today after being on hold for 40 mins, they said to try a diffirent transducer first and if that doesn't help send it in. So now I have to move my 520c to the bow and my 135 to the console.

Unfortunatley I have the same problem w/ lms332c(reads 1.8 feet), so I called lowrance and was told to try my unit on a buddy's boat so I did and it worked perfectly even at high speeds. AAARRGGH, I'm thinkin the problem is on my end. I moved my transducer cables away from my motor cables and it helped but it still flips out occasionally. I guess the next step is to move the transducer until I get it dialed in. Very frustrating to say the least so i bought a high speed transducer for my FL20 and have been using that as a backup until I squash the bugs in my lowrance. If this doesn't fix it I'll prolly be lookin at a bird.

I have the same unit with the same problem too. I am going to upgrade it from version 1.4.0 to 2.4.0 and if that dosent work I will try the beta version 2.4.2. I am really unimpressed with this $500.00 peice of junk. I thought spending the money on a so called good one would eliminate all the problems. Guess not.

Same problem with mine. Called Lowrance,8:30a.m. waited 45 minutes to talk to someone. (Love that customer service) Guy was friendly, but basically told me nothing I haven't read here. Bought a new ducer today, but I'm going to try the soft reset first. By the way what's the difference between soft and hard reset?

Soft Reset means you will not loose data.

Hard Reset means you will loose saved data, data once saved by the after factory user, such as saved waypoints and trails will be lost. So be sure to save Waypoits, Trails, and Routs to a blank SD Card before doing a Hard Reset to be reinstalled again latter on.

Have the same unit and same problems but if I drive slow it don't do it so much. But I was on mille Lacs yesterday some good waves and driving faster then usual and the grafph didn't loss bottom once ,what gives?

Today I used my 332 that suffers from the same problem(1.7') on a different boat w/ my buddy's suction cup transducer and worked great all day. I think the problem is w/ the transducer itself or it's mounting position.I'll be moving/replacing mine asap to verify this.