• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Father's Day

JewellOutdoors

I`ll be on vacation in Munising,MI for the week. Taking my new boat out on Lake Superior fishing. Can`t beat that for a great

fathers day. My boy can`t wait to go, neither can my wife. grin

Just to spend a day on the water with my boys. What else is there?

My Dad, myself and my son think the same way. We will all be on the water together.

All I will ever ask of my son on Fathers Day is to get me on the water. He'll be 5 so that won't be hard if I tell him he can drive the boat. The only problem is he doesn't know what trolling speed is but he really laughs when Grandpa pretends his driving scares him. The funny part is, eventually it really will.

Originally Posted By: JewellOutdoors
I'm hoping for a new reel - any recommendations?

Spinning or baitcasting? What are you going to use it for?

I do a lot of dock fishing or fishing from the shoreline. I need something that can help me get a lot of distance whether using a lure, or live bait.

Spending the day on the water with my boys and my grands.

I like the idea of the winning lottery ticket. smile don't we all smile

My dad passed some 15 years ago - I wish I could give him a hug.

He was the greatest. I miss him alot.

I'm looking forward to a great Father's Day weekend. My birthday is that Friday, my son's birthday is on Father's Day, and my Dad will be in town visiting from Montana. It'll be the first Father's Day in many years that I get to spend with him so I'm really looking forward to it. Plan on hanging out at the cabin and fishing. May add a round of golf somewhere in there too. Add some good weather, a big juicy steak, and some ice cold beverages and it'll be the perfect weekend!

My Father's day gift from my wife and kids is my trip up to NW Angle the 11th. Fathers Day weekend will be my two boys, my Dad and my Grandpa. Ages 5 - 93. All fishing on Big Floyd.

JewellOutdoors- I don't know what type of fish you’re fishing for or your price range, but I would probably recommend a Shimano Symetre spinning reel. I think they run around $90. Good quality reel. Make sure you have a long rod to help with the distance. Good luck and happy father’s day!

My kids are 6months and 6 years. I have already successfully negotiated with their 'representative' for a new set of trailer tires w/ galvanized rims. With any luck I'll have those in advance and be able to take the boy out on Father's day. cool

JewellOutdoors- I don't know what type of fish you’re fishing for or your price range, but I would probably recommend a Shimano Symetre spinning reel. I think they run around $90. Good quality reel. Make sure you have a long rod to help with the distance. Good luck and happy father’s day!

Thanks for the great recommendation! I'll have to check it out!

Taking my 2 older boys (3 and 4) and my father in law camping on Vermilion Trout Thursday through Saturday of FD weekend. My dad passed away 9 years ago so he will be joining us only in spirit.

Hoping to catch some lakers on the new (to me) wire line rods/reels I picked up this spring.

Steve

Taking my first trip to DC to see the Vietnam Wall. My father was killed in Vietnam when I was a year old.

Mom got married to my stepfather when I was 10 and he has been the greatest.

I do wonder sometimes what it would have been like with my real dad.