• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Moose Hunting questions

Does anybody know if it would be possible to hire a guide to moose hunt? If a person were to win the lottery would it be leagle to hire a guide to assist in the hunting of moose in Minnesota.

Just a hypathetical question for all you legal eagles.

How about if someone not in your party came with to share the experience and help pack it out, is that ok? I know guys who would want to come with just for the experience of a trip to the boundary waters to see a moose hunt.

How about if someone not in your party came with to share the experience and help pack it out, is that ok? I know guys who would want to come with just for the experience of a trip to the boundary waters to see a moose hunt.

There shouldn't be a problem there. How would you prove who is or isn't hunting? I'm planning on bringing some friends that aren't in my party that have no intention to hunt. My glass-half-full mind says I will need lots of paddlers to get my moose out smile

Hiring a guide is a whole different deal.

No on the guide. Although there is a fellow from up North who appears at the mandatory clinics and demonstrates moose calling and offers various moose info. I believe he offers instruction, and I ran into him with a group of moose hunters several years back. Perhaps he was there in an "advisory" role and not as a paid guide.

When I drew my tag, my longtime hunting partner (not on the tag) joined me for the trip, and videotaped the proceedings. We were pretty careful about how we operated, so he could not be seen as "assisting in the hunt".

They will explain all of that at the clinic. They are very good at the clinic about going over various laws and situations.

People can not assist you in taking the moose if not on the tag they can not even padddel the canoe while you hunt once the moose is down you can have anyone you want help but they can't help in the taking of the animal.