Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
panthrcat

bald eagles

7 posts in this topic

Last week we got out for some fishing,, and captured a few of these eagles with the camera,, woohoo!

just scopin us out,, looking for some free food. smile

IMG_1310copy.jpg

this one was at the landing when we returned with our boat,, turns out someone had taken boxes of old meat and just dumped it there,, wrappers and all mad there seagulls and this eagle in to check it out.

IMG_1339copy.jpg

this one I thought was cool,, action in the wings,, but his head is somewhat better in focus blush

IMG_1322copy.jpg

and a young eagle!! we actually saw 2 of them,, this one come out and was on the edge of the nest,, I have other shots that show the other one in the nest,, just the top of his head could be seen,, how cool to see them!!

IMG_1332copy.jpg

Wow, I have never seen a baby eagle in the wild before. Great shots!

I've never seen one that young. How much fun was that?

I've never seen one that young. How much fun was that?

tooooooooooo much fun Sarah!! thank you for all your posts! you made my day when you quoted my shugga name for my hubby blush

yea I think this was the first time for me too to see young eagles in the wild! I just wish I could get a better shot of them,,

we are in the middle of renovations at our house, spent the last 2 days off gutting out our basement,, but if the wind dies down tomorrow, we're gonna head out again for a trip to the lake!! woot!

I want to help out as much as I can,, have I mentioned I'm going on a trip in 1 week,, I say., 1 week today!!!

I agree, the third one is cool. I can make out his eyeball.

Great shots - I love the little one in the nest, it's amazing how quickly they grow!

Nic eones Sue! The 3rd one is interesting and the little one peeking over the branhes in the nest is also great!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

•   Wanderer, you better scaddle on out of these parts before your soul gets taken and your brain gets fried too!
    •   Yeah, you better stick with Bob's girl above old timer. She wouldn't swallow what your selling either!
    • Hack Herren Lee Williamson Jones
    • Funny thread is funny.
    •   I think y'alls secret is safe in here. 
    • Combs Herren Lee Ehrler Jones JR   I would love to see Hackney or Todd Faircloth win it though. Always been a huge fan of those two  
    •   This is still, by far, the funniest thing I have ever read on these threads in a decade.
    • I like the slush. If you don't, swipe the chips on one side of the hole with your foot before you break threw and let it run for second or two.  This will flush it out.  Having some slush in a hole in shallow water on a sunny day is sometimes a benefit.  If fish are spooky on a sunny day fishing in the open put some slush in the hole.  You might be surprised.
    •   I'd give her the best, wildest 45 seconds of her life!
    • 32 HERE IN THE boat on Hidden Bay, some sunshine but it looks a lot warmer then it is. Back at the cabin after running a few errands in town. Had to go down to the Lake Iwanttobethere Bank where I slipped into Mr. Fergenson office, the bank president to approve some town transactions. I do this from time to time but never mention it but now that you know I am working in the background helping the town out I thought I would share a little of what is being done around here to keep looking good. Today I approved a pink paint job on the fish cleaning station down by the access and also one of the docks is in need of replanking so that to will get done before fishing season starts. A check was sent out to the street cleaning company and the flag on the pole in the center of town will be replaced.   A donation was made to the Ladies Auxiliary to pay for their rental and we talked about the request to resod the softball field in time for the church league season. The big check was for ten thousand walleye fingerlings to be hauled into the lake under the cover of darkness to keep them walleye guys happy. Another donation to the volunteer fire dept. And my favorite thing Mrs. Gleason to her surprise will find out that she won a contest at the bank which just happens to be enough to pay off her mortgage. Money was donated to the Lodge to pay for six membership and they will be drawn for in a contest that Gus will come up with, his job now as the manager.   A couple of new bike racks for around town, and a fresh coat of paint on the two parking spaces and a good cleaning of the meter where DOC Burriem still ties his car to when he is in town. An envelope with a couple of dollars to the Smith kid to keep helping out Ma and Pa after school with sweeping their sidewalk. An order confirming Diggers flowers for all the town’s planters and a new planter out on the road leading the way to Lake Iwanttobethere and maybe touching up the sign. Next month I will have to look at the grass contract and there was talk that the boat landing needs to be dug out some. A few fire rings may have to be ordered for the park. I enjoy being the little birdy listening to what we need done around the town as I sit behind the bar wiping out mugs with my towel. Have been doing this for a long time and I enjoy spending bucks. Makes me happy to put a smile on someone’s face. Now it is not all me the town does bring in money I just help Mr. Fergenson out when the town is a little short or I see where I can help the town out.   I have always backed the Lodge as a place where guys can go and put their feet up, not a place where people go to get money for stuff. My me donating we keep the fishing contests going. I do donate a lot to the school for things because I want our kids to enjoy being kids not having to learn how to be salesmen in the second grade trying to earn money for field trips. Of course there I have a price tag and that is they get at least one ice fishing trip and one summer trip. If they don’t have rods Masterbaiters seems to find a check for them. Now this is not a total secret, of course Mr. Fergenson knows about me and the town along with Elmer and Big Earl and Vicki at the bait shop, they also help donate or at they get the town stuff at cost. There are a lot of people out there who love to donate and a kid’s smile is all they want in return. I find that smile means a lot to me these days. My 765 birthday today, everyone now is kind of special and you might have figured it out, my birthday is the day I go see Mr. Fergenson here at Lake Iwanttobethere
  • Our Sponsors