• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Hummers in the yard

Steve Foss

The hummingbirds are back in force, of course. I've been busier than a male hummer chasing others off territory this last week, with two more weeks booked up almost solid, which explains my intermittent presence on the boards.

The first image is from the archives and may seem familiar to some of you, though it's not one I've posted before. A discerning birder will be able to tell why it couldn't have been captured this early in the season. wink

The second image is from today.

Canon 1D Mk2n, Canon 600 f4L IS, iso320, 1/1250 @ f4, tripod

3571659654_36025a6da6_o.jpg

Canon 1D Mk3, Canon 70-200 f2.8L IS, Canon 1.4 TC, iso800, 1/5000 @ f4, handheld

3571659678_50cc409699_o.jpg

Glad to hear business is good!

I like the contrast on the 2nd. If they were a game bird,how many do you suppose it would take to fill up a hungry hunter? grin

Thanks guys. The light wasn't the best, but I really wanted to get the gear dialed in before the exhausting four-day shoot starts tomorrow (whew, I'm not 20 anymore, I know!) winkwink

I'm thinking four-and-twenty hummingbirds baked in a pie wouldn't satisfy anything bigger than an alley cat. So, if a hungry hunter is a human hunter, I figure it would take 438,442. gringrin