Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
buckhunter21

Dont see these to often around here

13 posts in this topic

Checked the cameras this morning and was surprised to see this guy on there. Never seen one in my area before.

a>

a>

nice! I found out last fall bow hunting on the ground we had a bull moose wondering our small chunk of woods. Lets just say I was no longer sitting on the ground after that!

Cool pictures. Where about Central MN are you located? We've seen bear tracks this spring but it hasn't showed up on the camera yet.

I'm about 20 miles north of Alex. They neighbors told me last year they were seeing sign of one but we didnt get any pics but I guess they werent pulling my leg now. One of my buddies had a smaller one on his camera last year about 40 miles away so theres probably more around here than a guy thinks.

we had one on our cam last year in brainard, they are more common there but first one i saw

I bumped into a few of them in the Brainerd area, usually around the swamps.

yep my gfs dad hunts a swamp up there but we were a good mile at least away from it, just a baby

I heard one got hit by a car just the other week just outside of Long Praire.

Checked the cameras this morning and was surprised to see this guy on there. Never seen one in my area before.

a>

a>

Sweet pics!! I had a couple bear pics last year so I put in for a tag this year and got drawn. We'll see what happens. Funny thing is I got them on my Leaf River camera also.

Hevishot,

What are you holding in your avitar? Is that a muskie? Sorry to get of topic

Originally Posted By: buckhunter21

a>

a>

Sweet pics!! I had a couple bear pics last year so I put in for a tag this year and got drawn. We'll see what happens. Funny thing is I got them on my Leaf River camera also.

Yea it got me pumped for bear hunting even though i hunt about 150 miles away from where the pic was taken. Definitly very impressed with the leaf river cameras. I have 2 now, just bought the new IR one last year, pretty sweet to have videos with sound on them, too bad i didnt get the bear on the one that has video though.

If your talking about 7ssIR, that will be my next camera.

Mines only the 5 megapixel camera, same thing only lower resolution, definitely well worth the money. You dont really need the sound but its really cool to have. I will stick with Leaf River cameras for a long time, had my first one for about 5 years now I think and still works just as good as the day I bought it.