Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bassfshin24

first east metro fishing weekend

6 posts in this topic

Im am going to be heading out a couple of evenings this weekend in the east metro area and i was wondering what lakes i should go to? im looking for some good size LM's. I live in shoreview right now and dont want to have to drive too far. What are a couple of good bass lakes in that area that i can fish? (i do have a boat)

Snail, Turtle, Lake Jane, Demontreville. Lots of good options close by. Many of those are catch and release for LMB

If you're in Shoreview and don't want to go far, Turtle would be the one to go to. C & R for bass and you can get a few decent sized ones.

I heard the water is very low on Turtle. It can be tricky getting out of that bay by the launch when the water is low. We had to cut the motor and push ourselves over that long poing with a paddle last fall.

I think its a little deeper on the other side of the grass island.

You might want to use the trolling motor if you go between the grass island and bouys on Turtle. Water was only 1 foot there last week and there are big rocks. I got through with the merc prop running trimmed up almost out of the water. Caught two 12-13" bass, they were pretty shallow last week.

Also use the side of the boat ramp closer to the dock, other side is not level and your boat won't load right when you take out. County fixed the ramp last year, but now there is a big hole at the end again.