Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sergio M

Minnkota Turbo Pro stuck on high speed!!!!

5 posts in this topic

I have a Bow mount Minnkota Turbo Pro cabel Trolling moter 42 lbs. Trolling moter is stuck on high, I have tryed everything. Is the Trolling moter shot or is there hope?

You could take it to Motor Clinic in Bloomington... lots of people on here have had good luck there...

Bruce's Outboard Shop in Sauk Rapids is quite a bit closer as well...

marine_man

+1 for Motor Clinic as well. Good guys over there and they know there stuff. I had a similar problem with my 55lb. BowMount CoPilot. My controller board was shot and she would only go full speed or none at all. I'm sure our motors are quite different since you have a cable drive but I suggest heading over to Motor Clinic. Good luck.

Thanks Marine Man I gave Bruce's Outboard Shop in Sauk Rapids a call and he said that the circuet board is shot. Bad news is that they do not make any more parts for that motor. I guess I am in the market for a new trolling motor, any idea what kind I should get. My boat is a Lund tyee II 1650, thanks.

A lot of that depends on what you can afford and how you fish.

That said, it's hard to have too much thrust.. if you can swing it I'd consider a 24V Trolling Motor. That will require another battery though.

marine_man