• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Pheasant hatches

They're still hatching, I literally almost ran some over yesterday when I was driving on the edge of my CRP. Luckily I saw the hen dart away and looked out the window and saw the grass moving with a bunch of little 2-3 day old chicks. Have to drive slower thru that area for awile, they're attracted to that area because I have some clover planted, plus its shorter. Good to see a big brood this late. Hate to say it, I haven't seem much for young pheasants in this area, none on the roadsides as I head to work.

I'm betting the roadside counts are going to be down from last year. I've been seeing some broods but most of them are two or three chicks per brood. That first weekend in June when it rained two inches and the high for that Saturday was 54 degrees took a toll I do believe.

Saw a hatch yesterday the roosters were starting to show some color and there was about six of them. Starting to see more in the mornings when the grass is wet. Started diong some wheat last week saw a group of about 20 come out on one end pretty cool to see they really like the wheat now with all the bugs in there