• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

marcum LX3

Question

Ive been tring to find information out about this company but cant find any on the web,can any one help?I know that this is a new product this year but what about the companys history?

------------------

6 answers to this question

Marcum Technologies is basically the same group of engineers that started both Zercom (before it was sold to Techsonic parent of Humminbird), and Aqua-vu before it was sold. I have a Colorpoint which quite a few people don't like, but I have had great sucess with mine. I am planning to add an LX3 and an OVS 500 camera this season. The LX3 has not had much exposure in actual use as of yet, but if it performs the way the engineers are planning it will be an amazing device. The OVS camera is the only one that has been shown to work in stained water (LOW and Rainy) your not gonna see 10' but it is much improved over the current offerings from others. Being a technology guy I tend to play with the new stuff, it gives me something to do when I am not on the water (or in the water). Some people don't like being a ginny pig, I guess its second nature to me.

dw (off to do another sofware upgrade on my Lowrance)

[This message has been edited by DavidMN (edited 11-22-2002).]

[Note from Editor: DavidMN, please, no contact info from non-sponsors is allowed. We would love to have MarCum as a sponsor. Feel free to contact them and let them know about this site. You can have them contact me and we can get them rolling, then their contact info could be made available. It's one of the advantages for sponsoring this site and helping keep it FREE for all users.
Have them visit the site or call
Phone: (507) 455-1504.

We truly appreciate you sharing the rest of the info though...it's great]

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 11-22-2002).]

Im a FL8 owner now and it has been great for the ten years that Ive had it but Im thinking of upgrading.Ive read all the great reviews on the FL18 and Ive heard lots of great things on Vexilars repair policies so Im leaming that way! BUT Marcum has the features that I really want,but if there service stinks I dont want the unit!

------------------

Sorry Rick, New to the site (but I have ordered an ice saw, ice busters and the big dipper already). I should have read the policies on posting web addresses. Not trying to advertise and I completely understand about the cost to run the site. I will send you a DS3 to make up, Or maybe some DSL ;-)

Too many years posting on too many sites ;-)

dw

Thanks Davemn
Sorry Rick
He was just responding to my question and Im new also and didnt know that part of the rules!I am glad I read it before you eddited though because Ive punched in every address combination I could think of be for his post!
Sorry and THANKS again!!

------------------