• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Good place for bass guide in Arizona?

apegs

Im going to visit my grandma in Arizona this summer. She lives in Chandler and I'm looking for some info on a bass guide to hook up with some big bass or catching them all day. Anybody have any experience with one?

I moved here from Scottsdale 13 years ago, and there isn't any lake or river close to Chandler. You have the Salt river and the lakes available, but at least 40 miles from you. Best bet would to be shore fishing the Salt river. You are in the Valley of the Sun so unless they stock the small section of the Salt river they made into a "lake" by Arizona State University you will be out of luck especially in the summer months. It is above 110 degrees by 10 am and lasts at that degree until well after dark. Didn't want to be the bearer of bad news...

well if you are wanting to do an all day thing, will you be willing to travel, because when I went to roosevelt lake there were a bunch of very nice bass all over the marina i rented a boat at. We didnt really fish the marina but surely the lake has plenty of nice bass. I cant recommend a guide because i didnt use one, but roosevelt would seem like a good bet to me. its a couple hour drive i think.