• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

bass vs walleye

Burnham

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I wanted to go out and be nothing but frustrated about the fish I don't catch Walleye...........but if I want to catch fish BASS.

So Bass, but if I'm in an eatin' mood it would be CRAPPIE.

Flippin Hawgs out of heavy cover still gets my juices flowing!

But the place up North keeps my draggin bait for eyes. I can't be there this weekend so I'll go for bass today and have a blast.

Topwaters? Guaranteed I won't get eyes doin that.

It's totally 50/50 Burnham, so my post doesn't count. wink

bass all the way. Fishing for walleye is lazy mans fishing, sitting dragging lures and you dont even have to hold your rod, what fun is that. Whats the point of fishing if you cant feel the strike and see a fish come charging out of the water. Some boring head shakes make me go to sleep.

Fishing for walleye is lazy mans fishing, sitting dragging lures and you dont even have to hold your rod, what fun is that.

Apparently, you haven't really been walleye fishing before. smirk

Truth is, for many of us, walleye fishing is far more work than bass fishing. I can catch bass any day, or at least that's how it was when I bass fished. Walleyes make me work a little harder most of the time.

BASS

I fish for both but once bass opener comes I target bass about 80% of the time. What I don't get is the elitist attitude from the walleye guys. Heck most of my friends that are so called "walleye experts" can't even run a baitcaster or have the coordination to make a half way accurate cast. They always say bass aren't challenging enough, but I will out fish them 90% of the time.

I'm sorry but it doesn't make you a better fisherman just because you go after a fish that usually doesn't have as large population in most lakes in Minnesota.

If you target eyes down here in Southern Minnesota you are pretty much leaving it to the State to determine wither or not your home lake will be a good lake year to year. Walleyes really don't reproduce naturally down here. I have gone on a local lake down here and caught 50+ eyes in a day a few years back, it really wasn't very challenging.

However what makes it hard now, is a lot of those walleye guys felt they just had to take home those 12-13" fish to the frying pan everyone was catching. They did a number on that year class, so I guess its challenging fishing for eyes again.

If I lived up north near some good Walleye waters I would more than likely fish for them more often, but I don't, I live in Southern Minnesota where I have to rely upon the state stocking program and the greed of fellow fisherman to determine how well my walleye fishing season will be. Hey I'm glad bass don't taste very well.

Little bass taste great. Big Bass taste awful.

All bass fight well.

Bass fishing techniques are usually fun. Surface baits, etc.

Walleye, big and small, taste great.

Almost all walleye fight poorly, Therefore, to enjoy the fight we use light spinning tackle and light line. The most exciting part of the fight is the worry that yr line will break or the hook will pull out before you net the fish.

Walleye techniques are usually slow and methodical. The guys who love 'em talk about walleye fishing like chess.

I respect walleye guys a lot, but I'm happy to eat the few I accidentally catch while fishing more aggressive fish.

I vote bass.

If there is a write-in slot, I'll vote trout. For my dollar, they out-eat walleye and out-fun bass.

walleyes, Bass are way to easy to catch any weedline anyday on any lake.

If you are that great of a bass fisherman, you should get out of guiding and into tournament angling. A fisherman like yourself must be in the same ranks as KVD, Skeet Reese, and Alton Jones. What guide service do you own, I will recommend it to everyone!

Walleyes. I used to fish bass all the time when I was 10-16 years old. But since then I enjoy a challenge, so I fish walleyes way more often. Apparently the guys on here who say walleyes don't fight very hard have never caught one while casting a crankbait. They smoke it way harder than bass and in my experience real close to the boat. Either way they are both fun to catch...Just NOT as fun as FLATHEADS OR MUSKIES.