• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 King of the Cats Weeklong Shootout

DTro

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in! We will make it doable wink

If not it is just $10 to the cause! Well worth it (IMO) to keep these going. smile

If I can not make any of the dates I want to have a chance down the road to do so wink

It is just $10.

I spent almost $70 in boat fuel last weekend and this is nothing grin

If I have a chance of getting any of that back all the better! grin

Shack, how many miles did you put on last weekend? I would guess that you get at least 2+ miles to the gallon, and if you paid even 3 bucks a gallon in gas, that 70 bucks gets you 23 gallons, roughly 50+ river miles! Holy smokes!

Wow that's a long run shack. Sometime we'll fish again and you can tell me the details. My guess is that a guy doesn't go up and back down that far, with a 50 pounder in the middle somewhere, without a couple other good stories along the way...especially with the low water we're seeing.

I think one thing I can say with certainty is that you did not get upstream further than the carver trestle bridge...that thing is going to be a thorn in my side all year, considering that ramp is only a mile from my house!

Lucky you had the 3 gallon kicker tank with, otherwise you might have had to call for backup from someone like Dtro, and who knows -- they might have made you give up your blurry-shore spot in exchange for some gas wink

Deadline to sign up for this fun contest will be Tues at noon. This will also be the deadline for the contestants to declare which 2 days you will be fishing. For those taking part, please email me the days you plan to fish at your earliest convenience.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to doing this.

Last call for participants, noon today will be the cutoff.

Looks like a nice turnaround in the weather is forecasted for the next several days. Should be a lot of nice fish caught!

Doesn’t appear that we will max out the registration at 30 people (unless there is a flurry of entries today) so I will need to adjust the payouts as necessary. I will update that later today.

Good Luck to everyone!

I need dates from the following:

Uppdacreek

HotPocket

Shackbash

I apologize if you’ve already submitted that to me and I missed it.

If it turns out that nobody is fishing tomorrow 6/10 (nobody yet) I will then extend the deadline until tomorrow and run the contest from Thursday-Wednesday. That might pick up a few more stragglers that are on the fence.

I have not sent in my dates yet grin Sorry my bad. I was waiting till about 11:45am today. I am fishing more than two days during the shoot out time frame and I am torn on which one I should pick to be my day number 2.

I think I am going to do the the 48 hour long haul again this year tiredgrin

Ok since nobody has signed up for tomorrow. I have officially changed the dates to Thurday 6/11-Wed 6/17.

That will extend an entry deadline to tomorrow at noon. For those that still need to provide dates and or want to make any changes, please do that before noon tomorrow.

Thanks

looks like we got at least 16 so the contest is on see you guys on the water if your thinking of joining i would it was a blast last year just waiting to see if you have won knowing there is 7 days to find out and multiple weather changes on nights of night and the guy who knocks out 10 on the last day

As stated by the rules as contest administrator I will declare my days as:

Friday and Saturday

My fish will be witnessed by Rushing and Steve D

Still time to sign up, everyone has until noon tomorrow.

I will update prize structure tomorrow evening.

I'm looking forward to it. It's just the motivation I need to pull me away from spending too much time on night classes and a new deck build. Life is too short, burn the midnight oil...................fishing.

I've met some good guys on the rivers. And plan on doing more of the same.

Got it thanks

Just a reminder of the format. You can enter as many fish as you like (upgrades allowed) but only your 3 biggest will count....no matter if it's channel or flathead.

Either species should make for some good strategery smile It will be interesting to see if a "bag" that includes a channel can win. Or perhaps 3 big channels will be enough. Should be fun.

I would encourage everyone to keep a lid on their own score as it makes for good fodder during the week.grin

Also remember that any entries must be submitted by 4pm the following day that you are scheduled to fish.

I would bet that the winner will have at least 1 channel cat in his top 3 fish. Good luck everyone. Wish I had some time to fish this, but unfortunately I was shot down when I asked about bringing the boat to Omaha and Cedar Rapids, where I'll be for the next week.