• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

2009 King of the Cats Weeklong Shootout

DTro

Here are the details:

Contest will run from Wed 6-10 through Tues 6-16 Thurs 6/11 through Wed 6-17

Contestants will be able to pick 2-24hr periods in which to fish. These 2 days must be declared prior to the start of the contest. The 24 hr periods will run from 8am to 8am

A new control item will be released every day at approx 6:15 am via this thread.

Total Score of Length+Girth of the three (3) biggest fish of either species caught during declared 48 hrs (both days) will be counted towards final total.

Photo with fish, contestant, and control item (all in the same picture) must all appear clearly in any submitted fish NO EXCEPTIONS

Any questionable photos will be handled on a case by case basis and I reserve the right to accept or disqualify any questionable photos.

All photos submitted must be digital, and not resized, cropped, or changed in any way. Send full size photo.

This is a catch and release contest, no stringer/rope pics allowed.

Fish may be submitted within 8 hrs of the your declared day ending (example your declared day is tues, it must be submitted by 4pm WED) to [email protected] Any submission after the deadline will count as zero pts.

Leaderboard will not be made public to eliminate any “stretching” of the measurements. To dissolve any conflict of interest, I (DTro) will have any fish I enter witnessed by another contestant and also make public my 2 days that I will fish.

I ask that everyone please be honest, it is key to making this a success.

Contest will be limited to 30 contestants due to state regs. Those currently in the KOTC competition will be given first priority after that it will be first paid first served.

Borders will be anywhere in the State of MN. Contestants must follow all rules and regs on the water they fish.

Entry fee will be $10

All entries and payouts will be via Paypal (it’s very easy to create an account) Entry payment to be made to [email protected]

I will take entries from current KOTC participants starting today (5/26).

I will need a minimum of 15 contestants, otherwise all money will be fully refunded.

First pay first served. All payments after the 30 contestant cutoff will be fully refunded.

Payout will be 100% - 5% paypal processing fee

Rather than make this a big money contest I will be paying out 5 places to spread out the money and keep it fun.

Based on full entries the payout will be:

1st ----$100 (35%)

2nd ----$71 (25%)

3rd----$56(20%)

4th----$43 (15%)

5th----$15 (5%)

All ties will be decided by the contestant that has the largest fish in their "bag".

Hope I covered everything, any questions please let me know, the biggest change from last year is that we are counting either species rather than having two divisions. So any combination is acceptable.

Here is the thread from last years contest with discussion and winners. http://www.fishingminnesota.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1499431/1

Here's an up to date list of paid contestants. This list will be updated automatically as people enter.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dtro, I'm sure you know the laws, but if no body of water is specified, I don't think you need a permit for the tournment/there is no limit on number of angler that can enter?

From the DNR HSOforum

Quote:
Permit Requirements

Permits are issued to Minnesota residents only.

A permit is required for any fishing contest that is limited to specifically named waters if one or more of the following apply:

There are greater than 30 participants for open-water contests or 150 participants for ice-fishing contests;

The entry fee is greater than $25 per person;

The total prize value is greater than $25,000; or

The contest is limited to trout species only.

Contests limited to youth age 18 and under do not need a permit. Statewide and regional fishing contests do not need a permit, unless they are limited to trout species only.

If entry fees are over $25 per person, or total prizes are valued at more than $25,000, and if the applicant has not previously conducted a permitted fishing contest, or has ever failed to make required prize awards in a fishing contest conducted by the applicant, the applicant will be required to furnish evidence of financial responsibility in the form of a surety bond or bank letter of credit in the amount of $25,000.

Thats the way I read this at least?

I guess the "statewide" statement overrules everything.

Very good to know, thanks.

Having said that, I will still plan to limit it to 30 contestants and reevaluate a larger number if necessary.

Alagnak, you can just write it on a piece of paper or whatever. It will be a simple word or phrase.

Alright, that makes sense. I thought it was a specific sized graphic or something I had to print. That works then. I know the contest guys have first come first serve but I'll still sign up for it. I understand if I get bumped but I'm gone working in Alaska for 5-10 weeks every summer so have never been able to be in the contest. Maybe one of these summers when I 'retire'.

I think I want to be in, how do I make the paypal payment to ya?

Out of that week time I only have two days off in there so I might have to make them work.

Let me know Detro and I will see how it goes.