• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

B. O. pictures.

Fever

I got out on Sunday as Saturday was taken up by sectional playoffs in Mankato. I actually lost track of how many I caught. (I should get a counter). The best and most constant patterns was the shallow bite in 4-9 feet of water. I caught a couple deeper with a DT-10 in the sunfish color. Nearly all fish I think were Male as they were still in pre-spawn. I did see some males on the nest but nearly all fish caught were between 14-17 inches. My best on the day was an 18 that smacked a DT-6 in silver/black. Caught a few pike to boot. Best Pike was a 31 incher. If I were to guess I'd say my bass total was somewhere in the mid to upper 20's. No hawgs though. Still, fun to get out and cast for a few hours. I fished from 10:30 till about 3pm Sunday. I haven't seen any of the secret word pictures so I'm posting mine here.

digitalcamerapics008.jpg

It was a good weekend up in the alexandria area. Other than the fact that I found out my truck battery was dead at 5:00 am saturday morning and had to run to walmart to get a new one quickly. I ended up starting an hour and a half later than I wanted to, but was thankful that it was just a dead battery. Fished hard sat and sun. Fished 4 different lakes in those days and between three of us boated easily over 250 bass. Nothing huge, but the numbers were outstanding. Biggest of the weekend was a fat 19.5" female that was probably a shade over 5 lbs, caught her on sat morning. (no pic, forgot the camera in my haste to get a new truck battery). Did take a pic of a healthy 19" that was probably in the 4 to 4.5 range. Hopefully will post later today.

Most fish were between 14"-18" with a good mix of males and females. Top baits were t-rigged smaller creatures, flukes, wacky worms, spinnerbaits, rattlebaits/shallow cranks depending on the lake. Really wanted to try using some of the new swim jigs i bought this winter, but never got around to it. The males are really starting to move up to the beds and lock on. Only a matter of time before the big girls start showing up. Caught a few fish deep but most were between 2 feet and 7 feet deep. All in all a great start to the year after almost 6 months away from the bass.

Also found a few on Mille Lacs. Was a great weekend. Most fish in shallower bays, but also some starting to move out to main lake reefs to spawn. Could not count the number of 18"'ers that I caught.

bs2.jpg

bigs.jpg

bl2.jpg

bl.jpg

Cecil I plan on heading up to ML this weekend fishing for walleyes and sm. Would you be willing to offer an advice? General locations, depth, lure selection, etc.

thanks, brad

bk, didnt really seem to matter what you used, tubes, small jigs, beavers. Just dont go too far out into main lake. Closer to shore seem to be more active fish. Most fishing I did was rock areas in bays on south end.

I was able to fish a little on Sat, less on Sun and very little on Sun, but was able to boat one bass over 20" each day. I got a digital scale and was a little surprised at how light each bass at these lengths was. The lightest was 3 lbs 15 oz. The other two were both 4 lbs 7 oz. Unfortunately I only got a picture of one of them. Here's a couple pics of the first 4-7 I caught.

BO1.jpg

BO2.jpg

Jalberg, whered you get that bumpboard? I've been wanting something fairly simple yet shows the numbers/length well in a full body picture and yours does both of those VERY well. Would love to know the brand!