• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

deep woods off *40*

Driftless

I typically use 29 but 40 was all that they had so I bought some.

The skitoes were terrible. The 29 worked well so I thought the

40 would be better.

***WARNING***

40 is too strong.

On friday I put some where I typically do. On my cheeks and on the back of

my neck. It stung all day but I ignored it. Friday night i had huge blotches on my face and neck where I put it and it still burned.

On saturday I smartened up and put it only on my hat and on my clothing on my shoulders. I developed breathing problems later in the day. This stuff is just too dang strong. I took my cap off on the way back to the car so I could breath.

i've found that just letting the bugs bite you works pretty well smile

i usually react quite a bit early in the season then I barely notice it after that. I'd rather have a few bug bites than put some poison on me

My brothers are surveyors for the BLM and in the summer they get issued 100% DEET, not safe for use on skin, they use it on their hats and clothing. They say it works pretty well but the bugs still get bad.

I haven't used bug spray in about two years now, and the mosquitoes don't bother me except for the first week or two they're out, after that they either aren't biting me or I just don't have a reaction from the bites. Helps with fishing, too because DEET is pretty effective at repelling everything, bugs included.