• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Manion Lake Road

M.M - I just got back from hyatt's camp sunday the road was fine other than a little rough.We pulled a 16ft and a 18ft with out any problems.There was one part of the road were water from a beaver dam was flowing over the road,but it was only a couple of inches deep (about 15km in from hwy 11).The water is really high up there.Fishing was real good.Remeber to bring a head net the gnats are out when the sun was shining.Good luck on your trip they go by way too fast.There's a little section of road construction on hwy 11 but the crews were not working when we went through. have fun.

Thanks for the intel. I think I know where the water is on the road and expected that. As long as the road is in decent shape and I don't have to go through Atikoken, I'm a happy camper. That saves over an hour on the road.

Do an annual trip to White Otter via Atikokan. Have never taken Manion Grey Trout Road but looks like a nice shortcut cutting across. We drive some pretty rough stuff into White Otter so not expecting a smooth ride. What's the road generally like (anything to worry about) and how much time would a guy save by cutting across to 622.

Thanks for the advice

Dan

When the road is in good shape it saves an hour. I like the backroad feel instead of all that time on 11 & 622. I drive about 30-40 MPH in my suburban but we had a Chrysler mini van over it this weekend. I have never seen it THAT bad. They were actively logging on the Grey Trout last week. We had to wait for a truck to get loaded. Never forget it is the logger's road.

Oldpossum-

Sounds good.I can help you out as far as Pettit,Mount,Birch,& Sandbeach.I haven't been in any of the little portage lakes.If I can help you out in any way feel free to give me your e-mail and we will discuss.Have a good one.

hsolist