• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Warm feet

Question

I don't know about Mickey Mouse or most of those others but my La Cross Icemans' haven't let me down for the last 4 years. BUT, when it aint wet and it's really cold, NOTHING beats my Stegers Artic Weathermate Mukluks. Laugh if you must but almost everyone I fish with uses them and they can't be beat. Moosehide BABY! Super lightweight and you can wear them indoors and your feet don't sweat!

Have had my Ice Kings for about 10years and never had a problem. A pair of wicking socks with a wool blend over them and your set. A buddy has the Rocky Ice Stalker I think there called and he loves the retractable cleats. Plus there warm too.

I would say you need to match your boot to the conditions. I have 4 pairs of boots I wear ice fishing and hunting, all dependent on outside temps, whether I'm using a shelter or permanent, or just sitting on a bucket. My boots are : Rocky Eliminators (good to about 10 above), WalMart Sorel wannabes, to which I added thisulate booties from Cabelas (about 10 below), another pair of Rockys (rated at -65), and Lacrosse IceBowls (-100). The only caveat is that I can't drive with the Lacrosse boots on, as my flippers are just wide enough to press on both the accelerator and brake pedals simultaneously.

Another vote for the Mickey's. Former USAF - ramp-rat. An airfield can get dang cold, and those things are nice.
For me, the moisture wicking socks are key. A layer of sweat on your feet is just asking for trouble.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC