Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MattL

Roughfish Taxidermist?

20 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone out there knows of a taxidermist that is capable and experienced in mounting rough fish. I shot a nice longnose gar yesterday and I would like to have it mounted. Can anyone point me towards a taxidermist (preferably southcentral MN or south metro area) that has rough fish experience? I would like a headstart before I start calling around tomorrow.

Thanks,

Matt

IMG_0411.jpg

get a hold of Josh Knuth. He is the man. He's out of Oshkosh, WI, and has mounted the World Record Golden Redhorse.

Check out one of our newest sponsors, Almberg Taxidermy in Worthington. He has some GINORMOUS alagator Gar he has done and is very very good at them!!!

www.almbergtaxidermy.com

Thanks for the leads guys! I have sent emails to both taxidermists. I am leaning towards one of the two versus a local guy because I like the previous experience with rough fish that they both show on their sites.

I will let you know who I end up with.

Corcoran Taxidermy in Hampton Minnesota..You should get a hold of him. Awesome work. Award winning and one of the Masters in my book.

I've seen a few of Josh Knuth's mounts up close. He does stellar work.

There is a good taxidermist in Shakopee. I forget the name of it. Right on HWY 13

Freom the work I have seen done by Brian Almberg, he would certainly be a great pick.

Very cool mount. I've never even thought about mounting a rough fish before this. Now the gears are turning

I looked at all the Gar Almberg did a while ago and they're great mounts. I don't think you could beat going to him for anything gar related.

nice fish and nice mount.

really nice mount is that a shinner in its mouth?

and as mounts go yesturday I saw a carp that was mounted with and arrow thru it and it must have been 30 plus pounds of carp its on the wall at Prince bait. next time I stop in there I'll try and snap a pic for here