Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coombia21

king quad dash

6 posts in this topic

i was riding this weekend and the dash started to flash then it shut off and wont come back on what should i do with this and is this something a warranty will fix

I might be something as simple as a wire harness came loose and finally apart after some riding.

I was riding with a first year Kawasaki Prairie that did the same thing. Turned out, there are 4 modules under the plastic along the gas tank and the connector on one of them came undone.

I would start by tracing any wires that go to the dash and check the connections first. If no luck, then I would go to the dealer.

you need a new battery. This is a common problem with the king quads, I have seen this happen a few times, me being one of them 2 years ago. The dealer replaced my battery for free. If you dont trickle the battery now I reccomend you do so when you get a new battery. For some reason the KQ efi drains the battery pretty good

i try to trickle the battery but i just dont have the time of resources like i dont want to leave it on the wheeler all week while it is in the shed at the cabin and when i am at the cabin i dont let it just sit so i dont want to have it charge instead of riding

You can bring the battery home with you and trickle charge it there.

just leave it on the wheeler all week, nothing will happen