• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

add light to underwater camera

irvingdog

Question

I used the search tool, I hope this is not a repeat:

Do you think I can add a light to a Cabela's house brand underwater camera. it has IR, but that will be useless after sunset. I was thinking zip-ties and a waterproof flashlight.

It seems so easy, there must be something wrong with my theory.

Alright boys and girls; shoot holes in it!

11 answers to this question

aquaview came out with one last winter to add to there cameras...used it this last weekend and it made some difference when the sun went down but not enough to really use it after dark but you could tell the difference when we had the light on and when we had it off..

But are they legal to use. Many have said they are not. Plus you want to make sure they are well attached, mine came out of it's holder and is sitting on the bottom of Lake Mille Lacs.

well, good question lambjm. IF you use it for underwater viewing, then yes, its perfectly legal.. if you use it for fishing/attracting fish, then no.. I use mine a lot just to look at fish species, bottom content ect.. I dont use it to catch fish.

well, good question lambjm. IF you use it for underwater viewing, then yes, its perfectly legal.. if you use it for fishing/attracting fish, then no.. I use mine a lot just to look at fish species, bottom content ect.. I dont use it to catch fish.

Just wondering where you get the distinction between looking and fishing on the lights issue?

its illgeall period to have a object added on to the camera if the lights are built in its fine but you cant add more. land of 10,000 laws and loop holes...just get a 1000 watt halogen light on your wall pointed in the hole and you will see everything!

its illgeall period to have a object added on to the camera if the lights are built in its fine but you cant add more. land of 10,000 laws and loop holes...just get a 1000 watt halogen light on your wall pointed in the hole and you will see everything!

I did a search on the Legislative Revisor's HSOforum and couldn't find a reference to the artificial light issue in either the statutes or the Minnesota Rules. I don't know where else to look but if it isn't in those sources I don't see how it can be legally enforceable. Not trying to start up a contorversy but it seems odd that I can't find it. Oh, and I did this for a living for a long time so I am reasonably familar with how it gets done. Anyone else have a reference for the no lights while fishing rule?