• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Older tree: giveaway or cut it ?

Valv

I have an approx 25yo pine tree that is growing too much too close to the house, we need to remove it or cut it.

Is removal an option or is it too old for it ? If removal is an option is anybody interested on doing it and sell the tree or do you know anybody that could/will.

I just don’t want to spend any money, and I hate to cut it down, if I can find a way to donate it and make somebody happy it will be great

pinetree1sm.jpg

pinetree2sm.jpg

Post it on hsolist as a free tree. Tell the people they can have it moved at their cost. Someone might be willing to have it moved.

A client of mine last year found a really nice tree on hsolist the people wanted moved or cut down. So I arranged a tree spade guy for the tree. My client end up paying $400 for a beautiful tree that would have cost here $1500 if she bought it from a nursery. This deal worked out well for everyone.

I would just cut it down. I mean I'm sure it could be moved with a big enough tree spade but the chances of it living after the move are slim to none. Also looks pretty sparce for a Christmas tree..Just my 2 cents.......

Valv, I run a small tree service and I see your kind of problem a lot. To me, it looks like your problem is the branches interfering with your deck. My advice would be to first trim the branches so they are well above your head when standing on the deck. You will still get some shade from it and the trimming will allow the breeze to get past to the deck area. Do that first and see whether you can live with it. If not, then its time to drop it. It looks too big to move because the roots are way too spread out on an evergreen that size. Good luck.

Side note; pines and spruces evolved in the forests and they are not naturally growing by themselves like that. If you look at them growing in a forest setting, only the top few feet have green branches. The rest have died off from lack of sunlight. Trim it up and see if you like the look. Good luck.