• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Trip to the Adirondacks

Here's some shots from our trip yesterday..

dsc01340r.jpg

dsc01341.jpg

Amanda and I in front of the glacier exhibit. This was cool when action glacier exhibit. You learn some pretty neat things about the ice age it was pretty impressivve.

dsc01342e.jpg

Cool ducks..

dsc01343.jpg

Turtles..

dsc01345m.jpg

dsc01346b.jpg

dsc01347t.jpg

Since I can't catch em as of my last trip it's nice to see one other than on the end of Todd's line wink

dsc01349p.jpg

Sturgeon

dsc01350o.jpg

Around the walking trail at "The Wild Center"

dsc01370x.jpg

dsc01371d.jpg

dsc01372e.jpg

This was cool on the railing of the walking bridge..

dsc01373y.jpg

dsc01374i.jpg

dsc01376n.jpg

Plenty of Turtles to see...

dsc01377a.jpg

Close-up..

dsc01378y.jpg

dsc01375h.jpg

Nick's Lake Campground Kayaking with Mike...

dsc01386x.jpg

dsc01387x.jpg

Amanda and Nephew Dan's fiance Tracy playing golf toss, alog with bean bag toss seems to be the games of choice around the campgrounds

dsc01389r.jpg

Amanda tending to the campfire..

dsc01390x.jpg

It was great trip friends...

Tim,

Looks like a great time was had by all! I am going to take Kayak lessons also. I need a boat for Max and I. And I know I will get swamped numerous times as Max love's the water!!

Cool picture of the Yote!!

Great to see you Saturday night Buddy, Next time we'll catch some instead of watching the Todd clinic again!!

Steve

Nice pictures Tim that had to be Rosa's camera you would have never gotten that many with yours whistlelol.I see you had a pic of the sewerperch(SM) that you wanted to fish for the other night good job on the pics Bro wink.

Nice looking trip Timmy! I need to get up there and toss some flies in the Ausable...

Steve - Lessons? Heres lesson 001 - paddle right= turn left, paddle left= turn right. grin

Timmy looks all uptight and afraid with that lifejacket. Heres how I roll...

046q.jpg

Jay - One thing us athletes understand well is balance winklaugh

Your so relaxed the only thing that's missing is a remote and a beer. laugh

Yep Todd I took the photo's with Rosa's camera, mine is missing in action.

Cali just past Tupper Lake, long haul but worth the trip...

I will second that. Went last year with Cindy and the kids and was pleasantly surprise that I had a good time. I'd actually like to go there again just to see the stuff you miss by looking at other things. Pack the family and go!!!

Originally Posted By: CNY Tim
Cali just past Tupper Lake, long haul but worth the trip...

I will second that. Went last year with Cindy and the kids and was pleasantly surprise that I had a good time. I'd actually like to go there again just to see the stuff you miss by looking at other things. Pack the family and go!!!

Told momma about the pics and stuff and she told me to plan it. Probly gonna hook up the 5th wheel and head that way. Anyone know of campgrounds in the area? Ill check the web and c what I can find..

Thanks for the info..

Cali

Calli - Mr. AW is well versed in Adirondack camping, he'll have some answers. I almost stayed at Rollins Pond and Fish Creek Pond camp sites last summer but didnt end up makeing it. They are both just past Tupper Lake.

heres a link to the DEC site on NY camping, you'll see both on there along with many others. Our friend Billy used to spend a bunch of time up there and recomened these. Rollins is much quieter...

http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/7825.html

He never returns my calls either whistle probably dropped his phone in the water again... Doug I think I still have that email of the FMNY Member list of the fella's names and numbers when you need it. The Yankees are coming, uh-oh Doug...

AW has been abducted by alliens who are preforming all kinds of test on him. Problem is now they want him to leave but he likes the test too much and wont leave...

Actually, I talked to him last week. With end of semester stuff he has been working two weeks worth of hours into one week for about a month. Should quiet down here soon for him...

AW has been abducted by alliens who are preforming all kinds of test on him.

Jay if you talk to him tell him to get his phone back from the Aliens. I don't quite understand the alien text messages there sending confusedlaugh

AW has been abducted by alliens who are preforming all kinds of test on him. Problem is now they want him to leave but he likes the test too much and wont leave...

Actually, I talked to him last week. With end of semester stuff he has been working two weeks worth of hours into one week for about a month. Should quiet down here soon for him...

confusedconfusedconfusedconfused

Thanks for the camp info. I was able to locate a couple (non) dec campgrounds right in tupper lake. I think its great that the state has these areas but Id much rather go where I can have full hook ups. (water, electric and sewer). Not only that but if you factor in the cost of a dec camp site for a night $19 plus the surcharge its more worth my while to pay the extra 5$ to stay at a private campground and have all the hook ups..

Cali

Thanks for the camp info. I was able to locate a couple (non) dec campgrounds right in tupper lake. I think its great that the state has these areas but Id much rather go where I can have full hook ups. (water, electric and sewer). Not only that but if you factor in the cost of a dec camp site for a night $19 plus the surcharge its more worth my while to pay the extra 5$ to stay at a private campground and have all the hook ups..

Cali

There ya go....It will be worth it for sure. Make a point to fish the Rackquett (sp) river also. Gods country for sure up there.

Steve

Callie...trust me, you cannot beat the DEC Campgrounds. Even with a 5th Wheel. I have stayed at over 40 different of them over the years and they are WAY better than those Private Campgrounds and your money goes to the DEC and not into someones SUV payment whistle

I can give you some great suggestions on where to stay and what to do in the area. Vanessa and I have every Farmer's Market Venue/Schedule in the entire ADK Park in memory bank. There are lots of things to do and see up there. Most importantly that Mountain Air and scenery will surely take any trouble you have and make it disappear for a periond of time. My top 3 would be Lake Meachum, Lake Durrant and Taylor Pond.