• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Western Kingbird...

Catmendo

More than 500 migratory bird species make their way the Canada every year in order that they can breed. An amazing "two thirds" of all migratory birds in Canada call Manitoba home! Small wonder why I never get bored walking about, you never know what you'll find or what will find you! wink

Here's a very common bird to these parts, it's the Western Kingbird and a direct cousin to the Eastern Kingbird. Kingbirds are fly catchers by trade and are only now beginning to appear in the area. They are also the most territorial bird that i have ever observed and will not hesitate in taking on "all" intruders that could cause their off-spring harm.

IMG_0012-1.png

IMG_0013-1.png

IMG_0011-1.png

Wonderful images, oh I do wish these were more regular in Eastern Minnesota, sadly they are not. Your images exhibit why I love them... they have a nice size, a great personality, and lovely color. Well done sir.

Nice Stu, the Kingbirds down here are less colorful but another of my favorite birds to shoot because they will pose for you more and more as the season goes on. Most of them you find perching on utility wires.

Mike

great shots of yet another bird I am not familiar with Stu! superb shots! I agree with you though, about just getting out,, you just never know what your gonna see!! I got out last night after work, and have (yet) more pictures to find time to pp so I can post them!!!

Thanks all for your generous comments. I do consider myself very fortunate having grown up in a region that offers such a wide array of birds and wildlife. More importantly, I must give my late father all the credit for getting me started (all those years ago) about appreciating natures sites and sounds and never taking it for granted. For it was my father who taught me as a young boy "not to leave litter behind", always take it home and properly dipose of he told me. I wish others had been taught in the same manor, the trash I find out there is disheartening...

Thanks again all! wink