Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jltimm

UFC 98

20 posts in this topic

Machida is the new 205 lb champion after knocking out Rashad Evans in the second round. Hughes edged out Serra in a decision. Brock Larson won, and Shawn Sherk lost to Franky Edgar.

i missed last nite but every fight ive seen machida in he has looked very solid. Makes guys look foolish trying to hit him. I expect to see him hold the title for quite a while.

I agree with eric. Machida is always perfectly technically solid and makes everyone else he fights look like a fool. He's so elusive. I see him keeping his belt for a long time. It's hard for anyone to even get close to him, and if they do he's also a black belt in BJJ.

july 11th...also fighting that night is GSP, Fitch, dangerous dan and a few other good ones.

rampage is gonna catch pretty boy machida and knock him out!!! LETS GO RAMPAGE!!!

Yeah, GSP is fighting Alves, Dan Henderson vs Michael Bisping, Stephan Bonner vs Mark Coleman. Great line of fights!

Machida may never lose. I dont think Page has much of a shot since he is really just a slower stronger version of Rashad. In order to beat Machida I think you have to beat him to the punch, and right know nobody can mach his hand speed except maybe Anderson Silva but they will never fight because they train together.

Machida will have to meet someone who can catch him. Close the distance and get in close or put him on the ground. If someone does this they will have a good chance, but if they stay on the outside it will be a long night for them!

Machida looked pretty solid. I do not believe that Rampage has what it takes to beat him. Machida can throw kicks from just about anywhere. And it looks as though his stand up isn't all that shabby. If we get the old rampage, he might just have a chance. But if Rampage of new steps in the ring, it will be lights out.

Have Anderson Silva move up one weight class and try him out, that may be what's next, after the Silva Griffen fight, if he makes it by Forrest I hope for a Silva vs Machida superfight.

yeah those two would make a great fight but I think Silva would come out the winner.

Anderson Silva and Machida are very good friends and training partners, that fight will never happen. When ever they would ask the spider if he was going to go after the 205 belt he always said no because that belt belongs to Machida he just hasnt gotten the chance to win it yet.

Roger that! Rampage is gonna get wore out! To slow, to easy to figure out. Of course if you stand there and let him hit you, it's good night Irene...so far the dragon hasn't waited around to get tagged.

Rochester, MN has fights this weekend, a guy i know is fighting, and big namers like Brock Larson, Clay Guida, and I think matt hughes will be there (not fighting) if anyone has the urge to see it in person!

My buddy has a brother that fights MMA. His name is Justin Fogal. I am wondering if he is at all involved in this event in Rochester.

i dont remember seeing his name on the card. there were some good fights sat night in rochester. tommy speer won. There was a guy from ft dodge iowa that i couldnt believe was still standing after the barrage of fists and knees to the head, but he kept swingin back. these events are very fun in person and you can see some local up and coming talent.