Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Here-Kitty-Kitty

SPRING/SUMMER YOTES?

31 posts in this topic

the Pups are just little fur balls right now, give a few weeks and the adult pair will travel alittle more.

Uncle saw some fox the other day said that they were about half grown. Been thinking of trying a set, getting an itchy finger.

thats why I am posting this. My fingers are itch. I've seen some young tiny fur balls but nothing worth while.

Saw a nice coyote on 42 this morning in savage, right behind target (the one on the corner of 42 and 13), someone had met it with their bumper.....not a huge coyote, but a coyote non the less.....

I had two adult coyotes come within less than 75 yards when I was turkey hunting a two weeks ago. I was hoping they would got closer, they must of smelt me or didn't like the blind.

Thats happened a couple of times when I have been trukey hunting.

I keep hearing them on the river, but I suppose everyone does when they are hollering at the moon.

Had one run right in front of me south of Montgomery on 13...I should have sped up, but I had the wife's car so maybe I did the right thing smile

You might be hearing the pups right now, they cant keep their mouths shut this time of the year! I went scouting on Sunday morning, and found an adult pair and a juvenille coyote along with 4 little fur balls playing around the den. The pups were barking and howling all morning.

Fur balls will turn into stretched fur this fall. When we going Levi. I see you havent weighed any cats in for kotc either. Im watching calling coyotes right now as we speak and im getting pumped. I feel there is a trip to my inlaws if you know what i mean.

hear ya loud and clear Ray! I havent got the cat rods out, still working on fine tuning a good load for the .243.

Call me the next time you go out shooting. I should practice up a bit. I can only hit a quarter at 300 yds and i would like to hit a dime or an asprin.

Summer yotes, the funny thing is their hides are worth as much now as they will be this fall. LOL

Summer yotes, the funny thing is their hides are worth as much now as they will be this fall. LOL

LOL

Sad but True

Man I feel for ya, your in a tough situation. If I were you I would put up my better ones and send them to NAFTA or FHA, then sell your average ones to a local fur buyer.

I got rid of everything I had last season, mostly to a local fur buyer, I took a butt kicking, but on the upside I am not holding any fur over. The fur market is looking no better for the up coming season

I went threw the work of putting up the 75 from this spring. Sent them to NAFA for the upcoming sale, hope things turn around alittle. Got good at it by the end. The 8.5 pounds of castor is what will make the money.

I went threw the work of putting up the 75 from this spring. Sent them to NAFA for the upcoming sale, hope things turn around alittle. Got good at it by the end. The 8.5 pounds of castor is what will make the money.

Now a days castor is were you make money if you have enough, and the pelts are just extra! You had alot of work putting up 75 beaver, Thats a ton of work!! Nice to see some people are still dedicated!!!

Did anywhere from 3-5 a day depending on my rotation of boards. I am just getting into putting my own fur up. Started with six, but that was to slow so i got enough boards for 15. I work for our city and am on call so I had the time, takes about 30-40 min to flesh and board them. Also did a few late coons and a couple coyotes, two otter and some rats. Hope to put up everything next year. Takes time, but nice to look at them all hanging around.

Those are some pretty yotes Lee, and that is a nuice pile of castor, I mean beaver you have there. I am going to start pulling the beaver out here in the next few weeks to put them up. Never done it before, but I bought a shefeild knife 2 years ago for that purpose, it is kind of an expensive wall decoration, so I think it is time to learn how to use it.