• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

NILS 10 INCH?

FISHINGURU

Just wondering if NIL's is ever planning on coming out with a 10"? Bought the 8" last year and its the best auger i've ever owned or used period...only complaint is i'm a 10" guy and its an 8" (seems like a small 8" also)...i've heard alot of guys say and ask the same thing about the 10" so i was just curious if there are any rumblings about it?

just another quick question...whats the best way to store my NIL's and put her away until next winter? i'm sitting on half a tank right now...should i just add something to it like stabil or should i empty the gas out? doin some spring cleaning and was about to put the auger away....thanks

I cannot speak for Nils but I highly doubt they will come out with a 10" auger as an 8 will get the job done. Might not be that great of a market for the 10.

I fill my tank on my Nils and add stabil to it and it has been working good for me. I will start it ince or twice in the summer and let it run for a minute or so.

I agree with you too. I love fishing out of a 10" hole. It probably took me and extra year because of that reason to buy a Nils because of the 8" For me it isn't so much about loosing a fish in the hole but with my transducer in the hole I by far have less fish wrapping around the cord when fishing a 10 than I do with a 8". I have both if the ever came with a 10" I would be getting one of those into my collection.

I drill another hole next to the hole I am fishing out of for my transducer so I don't run into that problem.

I use to use a 10" but I didn't like all the extra weight drilling many holes in a day. It also leaves a bit of a large hole on the lake that a younger one could step into so I went ot a 8.

I did like the 10 for the crappies as I didn't seem to lose as many fish by bumming them on the side of the ice in the hole.