• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Piezo Buzzer

I have a Lund Mr Piker and when I went to start it today the piezo buzzer that goes on when you turn the key to run did not go off once the motor was started like it used to. Does anyone know what would cause this?

Welcome to FM Jon

Year and horsepower please, but it's either the temp sender, the oil level sender, or the warning control module.

Look at the back of the engine block for the sender. It will have a tan wire connected to it. Disconnect the wire, horn go off?, if no, re-connect. Look for the blue wires coming from the oil injection tank, disconnect the wires, horn go off?, if no then you may have warning control module that is bad.

Check all of the wires I mentioned for any chance of being grounded. You can trace them back to the control module. It's a small square black box.

So what does it mean in each of the situations you mentioned. What are the potential fixes and costs??? I admit I am an [PoorWordUsage] when it comes to anything mechanical. Why would it have been fine when I took it to winterize last fall and now its going off?

Could you provide the horse power, approximate year and is it a 2 or 4 stroke.

If the horn quits when you disconnect a particular sender, it means that is what signaling the problem and it means replacing the defective sender. I say this with some certainty because it happens as soon as you turn the key and have not yet ran the engine and that tells me that the engine is not over heating.

Have you checked the level of the oil.