Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
eyeguy 54

Pics from a turkey hunt

4 posts in this topic

Fun time today. First year trying for these buggers and 3rd trip to the field. The first pic the sreerning is up and it tunrned out not too bad. Zoom time grin First a hen came out and had herself a nice dustbath. The a jake and tom came out. Then back in, then back out, then back in, then back out. Sheesh! Get over here will ya!! The Tom got to 52 yards but I wasn't gonna fling my arrow unless he made it to 30. They went back in and I decided to wait till next time. Home at 6:30. Also took a deer tick off my hand and killed the little sucker!

2ro23hy.jpg

s3djef.jpg

qmz1fr.jpg

4qklzo.jpg

2ewfred.jpg

511u7p.jpg

When they take a dust bath, they take a dust bath! Fun series. Thanks for posting. I've worn enough ticks this spring to last a lifetime. Enough to warrant getting some permanone to treat one set of clothing for heading out in the wild. I suppose that doesn't mean the dog won't share hers. Since she gets treated, I think they abandon ship and come find me in the night. Maybe that's what that dustbath was all about!

Nice images. I just got back from turkey hunting in WI. Only seen one hen, no photo ops.

Saw a tom north of Deer River last weekend and a sandhill crane. First time I have seen them that far north. Well not true, I did see a turkey last year that way as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I would say your results speak for themselves, we often do things that don't make sense or trade short term gain for long term trouble. Nature does things for a reason that we often don't understand, why try to fix what isn't broken?
    • Two charter boats. (11 people) Fishing was very slow last Sunday afternoon (8), but we did really well on Monday morning (43). Due to bad luck drawing cards, neither Mrs Duff or I touched a rod on Sunday. She went 5 for 5 on Monday. That's fishing for ya though. And true fishermen understand that.   Some real nice fish this year, good luck to those that make it out there.      
    • And no, it does not have some sort of virus. They are calling it a phishing site and it is not. It competes with Google adsense so it make sense for Google to be sloppy in their algorithm.
    • Great storytelling with pictures on a portion of your life experiences in the  great outdoors.  Thanks for sharing Len.  
    • Len - This was a very nice article.  I enjoyed your writing style.  Take care.
    • I am going to pick up a box to pattern against what I am shooting now. Here is my question. They are available in both 1 3/4 oz. shot and 1 7/8 oz. shot in 12 gauge. In a 3" 12 gauge #5 shot shell, that comes out to a 21 pellet difference. The velocity for 1 3/4 is 1200 fps, for 1 7/8 is 1080. At 20 yards it would make very little difference, but say at 45 yards would you rather have the extra 21 pellets or the added velocity? I suppose the answer is to buy both and pattern them, but I am curious as to the thoughts of the folks on this board. Thanks
    • I was looking to get an otter XT pro cabin this winter, I was wondering of anyone on here has an otter in the pro platform and how they like the extra insulated walls. Does it seem bulky? Too warm on above 0 days? I wouldn't mind just the normal cabin but they only offer it with a bench it seems but having the extra insulation may be nice to have for those cold days here and there. 
    • Thank You for the very interesting and enjoyable morning read
  • Our Sponsors