Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CJH

Lost Keys

8 posts in this topic

My wife lost one of the key fob/keys to my 06 Durango. Anybody know how big of a pain it will be to have it replaced and how much it will cost?

Thanks!

CJH

Is it one with a key fob built in to the key? If so I'm guessing $100 for sure for just the key and then what ever they charge you to program it. So I would say your looking at at least $150!

Lovely. Yes it is the one with the fob built into the key.

Do I need to go to a dealer, or is this something I can order directly? I am assuming I will need to provide my VIN#.

you have to take the vin and the other key if you have it to the dealer. it sucks.

I was quoted about $195 from the dealer to replace the key/fob for our 08 Caravan. Darn things don't like going through the washing machine. cry

At the dealer where I use to work they required the title. They also call pull the key code off of the computer.

I hate to tell you but it will be much more expensive than $ 195.

My 06 RAM was $ 270....

I went the [YouNeedAuthorization] route and saved a bundle.

I think this should be the next issue the current administration should fix after the credit cards regulations bill laugh

Yep I have heard the internet auction sites are a good way to pick up these expensive chip keys. The programming and key code/cutting has to be done at the dealer. Some need the title and others just go off the info provided on Function 14 and a valid ID.

Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• I use the same set up and I think it's the only way to go.
    • Forget adjusting the current tax system, we need to flush it and start over.
    • there might be a point on them look at about the 1:09 mark in the video, looks like something there; but i would be hesitant to buy one until some more info comes out about them
    • Don't forget those lower healthcare premiums for the middle class.
    • I'm not sure its his back that is ailing him now. It certainly may be, but what I have seen is his stride isn't what it used to be. His right leg doesn't seem to have the push it used to. Lou Nanne commented the same thing on Barriero's show yesterday. It certainly could be his back, but he had a knee injury last year that he tried to play through and had a "lower body" earlier this year that some said was the result of blocking a shot. I really don't think playing in the World Cup was a good idea for him. He has missed so many games the last few years only to add a few more on top of it? Not a wise choice. Correct, that is how I understand it. The front end he could be getting something like $13M salary and the backend $5M, but it will all average out over the term (13 years) which results in the cap hit of $7.5M.
    • That must be pretty noisy? The ones at the top probably could be eliminated. You might still consider a ceiling huger fan, I bet you use a generator more than you think you will.
    • That is good to know.   
    • I would go further and say that the connection is a consensus.   It doesn't seem to have been verified by actual chemical analysis but the timing and geographic distribution similarity is pretty convincing.     One interesting thing is that a lot of people ate a lot of sick cows in the UK and some other parts of Europe, but not all that many got vCJD.   Thousands of cows, maybe as many as 400,000, and 177 cases in people as of 2014, with a few more each year.  
    • You can do it yourself with froth packs at Menards. It expensive but at the price you were quoted it would work out but you still need a warm place to do it. 
  • Our Sponsors