• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Really hard to tell this time of year considering the holiday weekend and all. If they are skiing this weekend they are tough! Water was still pretty cold last weekend around 60 degrees. This is usually the best time of year to hit the IGL area as far as pleasure boaters go. The weather for the weekend will probably keep some people away as well.

Travis got 1 off East on a Jackpot during the day, I had a follow first cast on a Weagle after work on West. Tonight ( Friday) we hit Spirit for the evening, only 1 huge smallie follow for me, again on the weagle. With all the in laws here for graduation and my daughters here for a few days I'll be after supper till after the holiday.

I spent a few hours on Spirit Tue/Wed looking for some musky action. We never did get the net wet but we managed a 4 follows by the end of Wed. All 4 fish were in the same general area and seemed to be relating to weed growth.

I'l be back down in a couple weeks after MN opener this weekend to give it a shot.

Anyone else make it out this week?

Was on West Okoboji monday. Didn't see a fish all day. On Spirit most of Tuesday. Did have three follows. All in the same area. None of the muskies were very big. With the Minneosta opener this weekend, I'm not sure when I'll be down there again. Probably not until late July or August.

I'm back down at Spirit again this weekend. Just got the boat on the lift, I'll be heading out in the morning with the wife looking for some 'skis.

If anyone is on the lake tomorrow or Sunday say hello. We'll be in a red lund with a Brittany running back and forth after by lures smile

Esox, how did you do with the walleyes? Wife and I (more I than wife) targeted muskies on Sat morning. Ten min in one of my reels burned out..... We spent the rest of the day trolling for eyes with no luck. Sun was more of the same, no walleyes managed a few nice bass while messing around in Anglers Bay.

I'll be back down next weekend if all goes well. I am determined to find a few 'skis out there this year!!!

11 slots, 4 keepers 2 bonus keeper perch, 30+ released perch and 10-15 smalleyes. To bad about the reel, stop at Stans and look at the okuma Indurons, great reels for the money ( we run several) and better than the local made brand.

Must be the season for breakdowns, I broke a trolling rod ( 2nd of the year) and had the wires come loose on the bow mount. So far the muskie gears holding up, broke the Loomis last year good thing they have a great warrenty, but then they should for a $300 rod. I might cry though if I break the Predator.

Maybe some weekend your down if your wife dont want to chase skies I may be talked into going out for a morning. Be nice fishing with someone from my home area again.. Born and Bred Minnesotan stranded in Iowa LOL Born in Ramsey, baptised in WBL. Still have some family in the Cities.

How are you likeing the Predator? I hear they are amazing... I'm picking up a rod a Thorne tomorrow (hopefully it is done) it's no predator but a serious upgrade from what I have been throwing.

I'll be on Spirit for the 1st two weekends in July. Until then is all White Bear and Bald Eagle. Keep the reports coming.

I'll let you try it and decide what you think. But I love it. Well worth the $350, I'll be getting a 2nd by next year for plastics. I have a C series that a great rod to and wouldn't hesitate to get another. I have rods from Loomis, Croix, have had Fenwick Technas and HMX's and thrown alot of others, I think IMO Thornes are the top of the line.

We'll have to get together some morning and chase some skies.

Walleyes have been avoiding me to last couple weekends. I'll be on Spirit at sunup on Sunday, old Alumacraft tiller with 2 guys slinging baits. Spent Friday afternoon/evening on Spirit 4 pike was all most them right at moonrise.

Well 3 weeks ago it was hot but then Mother Nature got in the way and it's slowed way down.

July 10 fished 5-7:30 landed a 39, blew one boatside in the upper 40's lost another.

July 11 I couldn't get out but my partners landed 6 between 39 and 49

July 12th we got 3, 39, 43 (mine) and a 50.

July 13 2 45's.

July 18th nothing for us saw 1 nice one caught.

July 19 nothing again.

July 25, 34 for me

July 25 34.5 for my boat partner.

July 31 34" Silver was all we could muster.