• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Thursday Report

wastewaterguru

Great night tonight......

7 flats and one channel all on bullheads.

Flats ranged from 25 inches to 42.5 inches.

Audemp got the big fish in the boat with a 42.5 by 24.5 that topped the scales at just over 31 pounds......

Dave got a real nice 30 inch channel that weighed 12 pounds.

I got 3 flats with two counting as KOTC upgrades.....

Wish I could get out Friday or Saturday night but I have work until very late, but Sunday night I will be out looking for some 40" fish.

Got my Abu Garcia rigged with 80 lb. PowerPro and 10/0 Gamakatsu Octopus hook so I'm ready to go. Now just gotta go catch some bullheads for then.

Nice job John!! We ended up staying till about 3am and boated 3 fish and missed two...It ended up being Al's first time out flathead fishing and within 15 minutes of starting the night he hooks into something BIG...This beast whatever it was took him into the current and hunkered down and wouldn't come up at all...so we lifted the anchor and took the boat over top of him and made a little head ground but all it would do is shake its head but not come off bottom....after about 10-15 minutes being directly over him it came unbuttoned! cry So we took this as a good sign to get onto some fish....I hooked up first with a little KOTC upgrade, then about an hour later Al hooks up with his first flat going about 20lbs! He was definitely pumped...and the last fish of the night was by our captain Andy who boated a beautiful eye' on a lively bully whistle great night to be on the river......oh and John the boat is definitely not too clean anymore she got broke in proper to the river wink... Here are the pics:

28.5x17.5285x175.jpg

35x21.535x215.jpg

25.5in..255in.jpg

and the release...255inrelease.jpg

Thanks WWG for the great and postive report. Makes anyone who is heading down tonight feel good. smile Nice fish guys!

This beast whatever it was took him into the current and hunkered down and wouldn't come up at all...so we lifted the anchor and took the boat over top of him and made a little head ground but all it would do is shake its head but not come off bottom....after about 10-15 minutes being directly over him it came unbuttoned!

I have had something like this happen on Pool 2 a couple years back. In the end I figured it was just a log (or something) in the current getting stuck on junk as I pulled it free and it rolled/moved grin

I also have video from last year about this time I should dig up now that I have the "bleep" editing capabilities for video grin This one was on the MN river around this time in high/fast/strong current and was only about 5-7 minutes long. It was my fish of the year and with a couple shakes of the head at the surface, ten feet behind the boat, it was gone. I still can feel the feeling in my hands of when its head shook and the hooked popped out. I am not sure how big it was (maybe not as big as I would have liked it to be) because it went from the edge of the snag out in the main current in strong current. Then to top off that night (around 9:00pm), 10 minutes later the tornado sirens went off. Not a big deal, but then came the lightning and as soon as we hit the launch, then the massive down pour while loading. Driving home after this, soaking wet, I can remember it like it was yesterday. That’s when Dtro was kind enough to inform me of cells phones having weather radar on them. If i had known, I could have seen the storm was going to pass after about 20-30 and how it turned into a beautiful night smirk.