Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
apegs

Moose lake

6 posts in this topic

Im going camping next weekend on Moose Lake. I think its in the city of Moose Lake. I don't have a boat, hoping they rent canoes but i might bestuck on shore. Im wondering where you guys think the bass will be. The lake has a maximum depth of sixty five feet, I know they won't be there but im not used to fishing bigger lakes yet. How shallow do you think they will be and in what mode of spawn? Also looking for some opinions on what baits you guys would be throwing too.

Its only 125 acres if I'm looking at the right lake map, should be really easy to figure the fish out. Here are spots that stick out in my mind right away. Im sure some other people here have some good input also

Shore

Canoe

ML.jpg

If you are on the other end of the lake near those sharp drop offs. I would just throw a leech out under a lighted bobber for walleyes..

ps. Give me a call tonight if you wanna go fish

What about the bay in the top right/northeast corner? would that be good?

depending on which way that water was going, it would be my starting spot.. If the water is coming in there.. its golden!

Protected, fresh incoming water and should be warmest part of the lake right now unless there is a ton of water coming in, which there shouldn't be.