Guests - If You want access to member only forums on HSO. You will gain access only when you sign-in or Sign-Up on HotSpotOutdoors.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muskiebait

What size kHz is in ??

8 posts in this topic

What size kHz Transducer is in the minnkota universal sonar I have looked everwhere and can't find it.... thanks..

The US1 transducer was compatible with 192 / 200 kHz units.

Thanks perchjerker, I am getting closer on this, but need to find all the answers before spending the bucks, sorry if some of the stuff is reptitive or stupid.

I understand. It's a lot of money, it's a good idea to ask questions and make sure you know exactly what you want and exactly what you're getting.

Why don't you give MinnKota a call? I'm sure they'd be happy to answer your question. Phred52

Tried calling them today right from the dealer, and they said that they didn't know, tried lowrance and they didn't know, best answer they could give me was to go try it and see, well there is a lot of work involved to do that... you would think they would have a straight answer..

this is off the faq page on thier HSOforum

How does the Universal Sonar work on both 192 kHz and 200 kHz fish locators?

Universal Sonar Frequency – in the simplest terms, sonar manufacturers utilize transducers that operate within a + or - range of ~ 2 kHz of their products frequency, so a 192 kHz depth finder transducer will have a range from ~ 190 kHz to 194 kHz and a 200 kHz depth finder transducer will have a range from ~ 198 kHz to 202 kHz. Minn Kota has designed and utilized a 196 kHz transducer that operates within a + or - range of ~ 6 kHz (190 kHz – 202 kHz) effectively covering the frequency range without sacrificing performance.

US1 transducers have a 14 degree cone and operate at 190-200 kHz.

US2 features temperature sensing and dual beam technology. They have a 20 degree cone at 200 kHz and a 60 degree cone at 83 kHz.